cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I refer a friend without providing my phone number

Ottawa007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How could I refer a friend, but not providing my phone number? Is it even possible??

8 REPLIES 8

Your only option would be to activate the SIM card yourself, putting your phone number in the right spot, and not letting the so-called friend to view it while you press activate.  I’ve activated a sim for someone who wanted to get the $25 x2 promo previously, and we did it all by chat program, with screen sharing ability.  I didn’t know their personal info, and they didn’t know mine.

once the process was completed and confirmed, the person changed the SIM card associated with the account, and then ported in their previous carrier number.  I still see phone numbers listed in my reward listing, however I don’t keep track of them.  I’ve only lost one referral so far, and I know it wasn’t this one, as it happened before the referral above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Ottawa007  Yup, that's called reffer a stranger great idea, but I don't think Public Mobile will be implementing it anytime soon.Smiley Happy

Edit: You would need something like a referral id but judging by the speed of Public Mobile when it comes to new features it goes something like this:

Telus----------> Koodo -------------------------------------------->Public Mobile (Maybe Smiley Happy)

I seem to think this privacy aspect has been discussed here before. But ----------------------------- 🙂

@Ottawa007  Yup, that's called reffer a stranger great idea, but I don't think Public Mobile will be implementing it anytime soon.Smiley Happy

Edit: You would need something like a referral id but judging by the speed of Public Mobile when it comes to new features it goes something like this:

Telus----------> Koodo -------------------------------------------->Public Mobile (Maybe Smiley Happy)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ottawa007 wrote:

Thanks. It would be good if there is additional way of referring, as I don't want to disclose my phone number, but I still want to earn the award.

Think of it this way...you can also see *their* phone number. You could change your number afterwards too and still get the reward. But then so could they.

Are you referring a stranger?

Ottawa007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. It would be good if there is additional way of referring, as I don't want to disclose my phone number, but I still want to earn the award.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ottawa007 wrote:

How could I refer a friend, but not providing my phone number? Is it even possible??

@Ottawa007Telepathically? No, unfortunately  the only way is via your number.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Ottawa007 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy no you need to give it to him ...during his new activation if you want the 1$ credit each 30 days and 10$ for him 1 time....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ottawa007 wrote:

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.