cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I terminate my service and get refund for what I already pre-paid

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I paid my plan usage to Dec. 05 and now i proposed to switch to another carrier.   How can I get my money back for the days I already prepaid usage?  

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

@annettedavid wrote:

I have the same issue, if you arrive at a solution, please let me know.  Thanks

The easiest solution and one that is least likely to cost you extra is to first use up any remaining balance in your Public Mobile acount balance. If that balance is abandoned, a refund will not be provided.

annettedavid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue, if you arrive at a solution, please let me know.  Thanks

What are you finding elsewhere that is worth the change? Just curious what is available out there.

AE_Collector

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you all above.

I decided to stay with PM a little longer.

Smiley Happy

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@lilian_liang wrote:
I paid my plan usage to Dec. 05 and now i proposed to switch to another carrier.   How can I get my money back for the days I already prepaid usage?  

Thank you

You can't. The account also gets closed. That means can't take a new number to use up the plan after porting out either.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lilian_liang wrote:

Thank you

Like other have said there are no Refunds on almost all Prepaid Cell Phones Plans or Top up Prepaid Vouchers in Canada. Having said that no Cancellation is needed, You pay you have service and when you don't pay you don't have service but if you are looking to transfer/port your number out to another Provider just make sure you Public Mobile Service is active. 

@lilian_liang also if you plan on porting your number out to a different carrier make sure your public mobile account is active!  Like @ChuckYeah  said there's no refunds on prepaid!  You can either port out now or wait until a week or so before your plan expires.  Don't forget to remove your credit card if you have one on your account when you move out to another carrier. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is a Prepaid service. I'm afraid you will not likely get a refund for the rest of your service. Public mobile does not prorate plans like some other, mostly higher priced providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.