cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make my voicemail unable

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Guys please help!

I have searched for about 1 hr to find a way to disable my voicemail, but none of them work for me as below. 

I just want to extend my phone ringing.  I have found 3 ways so far but not for me.  

1. Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings (or Call Settings) > Call Forwarding.

==> I have no call forwarding option in my Galaxy s7 edge (no idea why)

2. Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send

- You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss

- Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

==> Message "Call forwarding when no reply service has been turned off."  No idea what that means.  

3. dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 

• In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

==> I don't want this method.  Just want my phone ring and ring for long. 

5 REPLIES 5

shenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 

• then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Finally, press 5 to disallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

@ahnseong you may be able to get into it using  a freedom mobile SIM. According to some posts here, it allows you more access within your settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong wrote:

1. Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings (or Call Settings) > Call Forwarding.

My S7 (non-Edge) running A8 has Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings > More settings > Call Forwarding

But I don't think there's a way to let it ring forever.

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I said on my question, call forwarding is not applied on my phone. There is no call forwarding option. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@ahnseong wrote:

Guys please help!

I have searched for about 1 hr to find a way to disable my voicemail, but none of them work for me as below. 

I just want to extend my phone ringing.  I have found 3 ways so far but not for me.  

2. Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send

- You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss

- Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

==> Message "Call forwarding when no reply service has been turned off."  No idea what that means.  

3. dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 

• Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

From your friend Google:

• From the home screen, tap Phone.
  • Tap More.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap More Settings.
  • Tap Call Forwarding.
  • Tap Always Forward.
  • Enter the number you would like your calls forwarded to and then tap Enable.

Need Help? Let's chat.