cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my phone number back or am I outta luck and its gone?

Aleakins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Im new here,

So I created my account. Ported my old number to my new account. It was all good....... then

I set up my daughters account. I selected finish then I went to port her old number to her account. But turns out I was logged onto my account and ported her old number to my phone and she has the assigned number from setting up the account.

Is there any way to get my phone number back and give her back her phone number?

Please I hope someone can help.

18 REPLIES 18

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know...

Aleakins

It has now been resolved. My original numbers have now been restored. Both mine and my daughters. Thank you to everyone who assisted and let me know to contact moderators. They truly are wonderful and did their best and solved the issue.

auca

@GinYVR, Thank you for your concerns and suggestions. The issue has been resolved and new phone number has been given.  MOD told me that It was a very  weird situation,they have never seen this happened before.

auca

Thank you. MOD finally contacted me yesterday  and got it fixed by issued a new number. I take this post to thank everybody in this forum for their concerns suggestions.

@AleakinsI this stage I would suggest just wait for the moderators to respond to you. The numbers don't get released for use right away, so hopefully the moderators will be able to restore to you. However do pay attention the number in the time ahead as it might go strange eg for this user @auca . It seems the manual intervetion might not necessarily be permanent... just beaware and have backup.

Aleakins

It was Koodo number got it from them when I joined. Couldn't stop the porting because it has to be done in the first 2 hours and I couldn't reach anyone to stop it. So now I have my daughters number and she has a new number and my original number is where lost numbers go.

@GinYVR wrote:

@cavemantorontoMy understanding is the number has to be originally from a Telus exchange (the first 3 digits after the area code) in order it to be safe? so eg if the number is originally from Rogers, gets ported to Koodo and now this incident happen, the number will go back to Rogers's pool?

Number goes back to original carrier but don't know when.  If number is still in Telus/ Koodo/Public, they can reach in and assign number. I don't know if moderators are have access or if they have to get another department 

@cavemantorontoMy understanding is the number has to be originally from a Telus exchange (the first 3 digits after the area code) in order it to be safe? so eg if the number is originally from Rogers, gets ported to Koodo and now this incident happen, the number will go back to Rogers's pool?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Aleakins wrote:

Hi there,

Im new here,

So I created my account. Ported my old number to my new account. It was all good....... then

I set up my daughters account. I selected finish then I went to port her old number to her account. But turns out I was logged onto my account and ported her old number to my phone and she has the assigned number from setting up the account.

Is there any way to get my phone number back and give her back her phone number?

Please I hope someone can help.

Hope they are both Telus numbers. They have ways to get numbers back after they are cancelled but might tell you need a new account first and they manually assign the lost number.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You may be lucky since its koodo, it is a sister company to pm and i believe they all share number pool to some extent. The best would be if the could just stop the port ofcourse.

Good luck

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mods will take upto 48 hours or longer to reply at the moment. 

I would keep trying with Koodo if possible. 

Who was the lost number originally when it was created? Lost numbers are returned to the original provider, you could try them? 

Aleakins

No response yet. But I believe you can get previous phone company to stop the port with 2 hours. Unfortunately Koodo isn't responding either so I'm guessing I have lost my phone number and my daughter will have to keep the new number she has now. 😞

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K  will the new ticket system/smart form  be able to handle a situation like this? 

@AleakinsDo let us know if the moderators managed to get your number back.

@will13am wrote:

@Aleakins , this could be tricky.  Success may depend on who owns the number.  Anyway, you should contact the moderator team immediately and explain the situation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@Aleakins Also a good idea to put Urgent in the subject line.

Good luck!

Aleakins

thank you for the reply.

I have sent the message. Crossing my fingers that they can help

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Aleakins , this could be tricky.  Success may depend on who owns the number.  Anyway, you should contact the moderator team immediately and explain the situation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AleakinsYou will need to contact the Moderators.. they will respond to you hopefully up to 48 hours. It depends on the timing and it also depends where your old number is from.. eg if it is from a Rogers pool, it might get released back to Rogers pool etc. There are alot of variables only the moderators can help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.