cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the billing cycle?

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have just activated PM and I'd like to change my billing cycle from 1st of month instead of 21st because of my data cycle. 

Can I change it, at least for data cycle?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

There are 7 months with 31 days. Renewing on the January 1st means the plan will auto renew on January 31st. Contacting moderators to renew you again on Feb 1 means you throw away 29 days that you paid for on January 31. February has 29 days this year so luckily you only throw away 1 day when you renew early on March 1. But March will be like January, you're going to pay for two months to get 31 days. None of this makes any sense at all! By the end of the year you will have paid your monthly (30 days really) fee 19 times to get through the year. A postpaid true monthly plan elsewhere would be much less expensive.

AE_Collector

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo i was asking why would (s)he need data cycle on the first. To me out looks like (s)he is trying to match something or for some reason on 1st it should be unrestricted. There are probably other ways of doing it besides moving the cycle. The payment part is easy to do, ensuring you have 90% of your allotment would need some dancing

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma you can do early renewals when ever you like. But there is typically no reason to do one unless your data runs out as most plans have unlimited calling and texting. An early renewal forfeits anything you have left on your current plan ie data.

If you want to change your plan to a different plan  mid cycle (early) then you can do that your self.  Mods are only needed if you want to renew the same plan mid cycle

@mimmo Thanks for the detailed reply and the new information that early renewals are only done when data runs out and with no rewards.

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma renewing early typically is only done if you run out of data.  Currently mod reply time is pretty good so your request will be done the same day or possibly the next.   Also if you want to renew early make sure there are funds on the account to cover the renewal cost.  Moderators can not top up for you.  And rewards will not be applied.

mimmo

@gblackma renewing early typically is only done if you run out of data.  Currently mod reply time is pretty good so your request will be done the same day or possibly the next.   Also if you want to renew early make sure there are funds on the account to cover the renewal cost.  Moderators can not top up for you.  And rewards will not be applied.

@Jb456 Thanks. For the information.

@gblackma wrote:

@mimmo fmi if I want to renew early,  would I contact the moderator on the day I want it renewed on? Or in advance and ask them to renew it on a certain day. Ie February 1st? Thanks.

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma , @oglat   the moderators will not change the the billing cycle. so no need to contact them.   the billing cycle starts upon payment and ends 30 days later, unless you do an immediate plan change mid cycle or ask mods for an early renewal.

@oglat   how can your data cycle  be different than your billing cycle, unless you have  a dual sim phone?  

if you just want to pay every 1st of teh month top up  manually.  or in your next renewal disable autopay and  let your account go into suspensuion and then reactivate on the 1st.   your next renewal will be 30 days later.

@gblackma  Contact them on the day you want to renew.

@mimmo fmi if I want to renew early,  would I contact the moderator on the day I want it renewed on? Or in advance and ask them to renew it on a certain day. Ie February 1st? Thanks.

@mimmo wrote:

@gblackma , @oglat   the moderators will not change the the billing cycle. so no need to contact them.   the billing cycle starts upon payment and ends 30 days later, unless you do an immediate plan change mid cycle or ask mods for an early renewal.

@oglat   how can your data cycle  be different than your billing cycle, unless you have  a dual sim phone?  

if you just want to pay every 1st of teh month top up  manually.  or in your next renewal disable autopay and  let your account go into suspensuion and then reactivate on the 1st.   your next renewal will be 30 days later.

@Joelkim wrote:

I don't think the mod can change that to be on 1st, but you will receive the reminder from PM. You won't worry about missing the due date. 

Why guess when already answered? They won't change it but if they did, payment date changes month to month because of 30 day plans. That was explained earlier.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think the mod can change that to be on 1st, but you will receive the reminder from PM. You won't worry about missing the due date. 

Yeah I couldn't find a way on iPhone to set the data cycle to 30 days rather than monthly. Android hadn't been a problem. So had to go with a seperate app that could be set up properly.

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@oglat wrote:

Hi

Why do you need your data cycle to be on 1st?

I'm guessing it's because the OP wants to monitor usage on the phone itself, rather than checking in the online account, and it's probably a case of the phone keeping track from the 1st of every month..... at least that's my theory.

Can't speak for iPhones, but on Android devices that date can be changed in settings (and that probably should be the course of action every so often on renewal day, since Public Mobile's plan are not monthly but 30days, as already mentioned above.

Or find a third party app that lets you set plan cycle length. (I've recommended @IWIK's Data Witness in the past, but it looks like they have stopped updating the app about two years ago., and it seems not to work as well with Android 9 as it used to with Android 5.1 and 7...)

@oglat wrote:

Hi

I'm guessing it's because the OP wants to monitor usage on the phone itself, rather than checking in the online account, and it's probably a case of the phone keeping track from the 1st of every month..... at least that's my theory.

mimmo

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi

Maybe there is a way around it.

If you ask moderators to make the switch to 1st you will lose what you paid for in this cycle between 1st and 19th. And the next cycle would start on 31st.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ahnseong 

PM payment dates varies each month because of the 30 day payment cycles.  It is probably easier just to reset your data counter on your phone at each PM payment renewal date.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator and ask them to change it for you. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

@ahnseong wrote:

Hi,

I have just activated PM and I'd like to change my billing cycle from 1st of month instead of 21st because of my data cycle. 

Can I change it, at least for data cycle?

Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's not monthly..it's every 30 days so your due date will always change.

Need Help? Let's chat.