cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my username in 'community'

martihopson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I change my username in 'community' - thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@will13am  Can you see that option? I just changed mine a couple of weeks ago, and I was not able to change it myself at that time.

I wouldn't know that this was an Oracle-only setting myself unlesss I had looked around the settings before as a non-Oracle. The Community account doesn't advise us of it being an exclusive option. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My bad, it is an elevated priviledge that I have.  Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up.  Contact moderator is the solution. 

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:
simon.PNG
Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data).
Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png
@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.
Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.
privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

martihopson

I agree/ 

martihopson

I agree. Not possible through settings/personal

martihopson

Thanks, for the reply, but just stating that this doesn't work. In case anyone else reads. 

I believe it can only be done by moderators. 

The moderator I dealt with sent me several messages telling me how to change it and I thought I might be the issue. But in the end, we agreed that feature must have been blocked at the user level.

MickeyMoose01

Yes @ChuckYeah is right, you'll have to contact a moderator. There is no option in setting to change your username. The only thing you can change by clicking  your avatar is personal info.

Sorry @will13am I don't see any option either. You are probably thinking of something else.

I believe @ChuckYeah has it right.

@will13am  Can you see that option? I just changed mine a couple of weeks ago, and I was not able to change it myself at that time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@martihopson, when you are signed into the community forum, click on your avatar on the upper right corner, select my settings, personal.  You will see the option to change the name there. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@martihopson Send a ticket to @CS_Agent . Only they can change it for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.