cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Started As A Contributor In PM Community

emby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new and motivated PM member. Looking for a 'cliffnotes' version of how to best get started as a community contributor. Tips or best practices would be great. Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

@emby 

You're a public mobile poster child! Engaged, eager and earnest. All you have to do is read, learn, listen and absorb all the information at your fingertips....first you ask the questions and soon you'll be answering the questions. Help is is always needed in the community and there's always help wanted. If you sow the seeds then you will blossom and flower here....Screenshot_20200613-014025.png

emby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dunkman 
Thanks for the practical advice. I'm intrigued more by the community approach to PM's help and support than the potential community rewards structure, but I do appreciate the simply put disclaimer. In a world of long hold times and high expectations it's nice to see a company shake things up and give their customers the platform they need to support one another and pay it forward.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@emby   if you read through https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles

Many of the common questions and answers / knowledge are found there.  

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 ah ha, so there still is a reward for retired Oracle's 😉. it's alright, us common folks don't need to know all the details. 

In my message above, I said that there isn't.

@computergeek541 ah ha, so there still is a reward for retired Oracle's 😉. it's alright, us common folks don't need to know all the details. 

@gpixel wrote:

by the way community rewards are in! my renewal is tonigh... didn't think they were gonna come through, but they did!

CONGRATS EVERYBODY!

@darlicious 

@gblackma 

@Naepalm 

@errbody!

@retired oracles

Unfortunately, there is no Community reward associated with having the rank of Retired Oracle. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@emby 

First off welcome to the community and great question.

Observation is a good start to see what types of questions are being asked. You can walk through some of the old questions, I have done this before.

Look to try and help newcomers and welcome them to the community. Knowing full well they are customers just like you. 

If you see a post you like to give it a bravo. Try to add to the community in your own unique way of sharing who you are and the knowledge you have. 

Some of the best people to look out for are the oracles they have been around for a while and are very knowledgeable not to take anything away from some of the other members who contribute. 

Have an amazing day and thank you for being a part of the community. 

@Anonymous nice! thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

by the way community rewards are in! my renewal is tonigh... didn't think they were gonna come through, but they did!

Already mentioned down in the lounge in the usual spot.

@emby 

If you already have the computer skill set to set yourself up to save quick links and easily find informative threads/posts that you will want to reference and that sort of thing than all you have to do is read and ask the odd question here or there for clarification. Use the search bar to seek solutions to issues being posted.

Once you get the basic solutions to common issues under your belt you can start helping others but feel free to voice your opinion or share your experience in discussion threads. Welcome to the public mobile community!

@computergeek541 I agree, it doesn't take much to earn the bottom tier rewards... one user on here said all they did was make one topic and bravo a few posts and they were able to get the $1 reward. another user said the same thing and achieved $2.

CONGRATS EVERYBODY!

@darlicious 

@gblackma 

@Naepalm 

@errbody!

@retired oracles

@dude65 wrote:

In order to get community reward, you need to post many times. You will spend a lot of time to get a few dollars.  My suggestion is to read all the posts, and soak up the information. After time, you will be able to answer things and help others.

@dude65  I don't agree that it will take a lot of time to to earn a $2 Community reward.  I would say that some people could achieve that it an hour or two, but that really depends on how you use the website and how much you're able to help out.  The higher amounts become increasingly difficult to reach.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In order to get community reward, you need to post many times. You will spend a lot of time to get a few dollars.  My suggestion is to read all the posts, and soak up the information. After time, you will be able to answer things and help others.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@emby 

You cannot contribute or help other members with their problems if you do not know how PM system works.  Therefore, spent some time reading this forum.

A quick tip:

Don't send members with a simple issue to contact moderator as they are busy dealing with account related issues because only moderator can access our accounts.  Therefore, learn what is account related issues by learning from this forum.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@emby Become familiar with PM services and operations, read Help articles, and help new people here by answering questions based on info you know and your experience and giving value. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@emby use these articles to better understand the system if you are interested.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

And
 https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/helpful-community-tips

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@emby 

Welcome to PM.  I would first recommend go to the Get Help section and read the various help articles.  That is a good starting point.  Slowly read the various posts and then contribute when you feel comfortable.  

If you are doing this just for the money, it is not worth the time.  However, if you are interested in helping others and contribute to an online community, just contribute as much time as you can afford.

Need Help? Let's chat.