cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long do Add-Ons last, One time, or recurring?

dbur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I pay for a Data Add-On, Is that a one time purchase or will my bill assume it is now to be included monthly? I would like to add data but only for the next 2 to 3 weeks while away on vacation.

Thanks

dbur

6 REPLIES 6

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the add on is for Canada use , it will never expire. If not all used it will carry over to the next month until it is used. In order to use this data your account needs to be in good standing. 

If this add on is for USA travel it will only last for 10 days. If you do not use all the data in the USA add on then after 10 days it will vanish. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The add-ons do dont expire until they are used up. When they are gone, you will need to buy more if you need extra data. This is what I like about PM.  US roaming are not included as they have a 10 day window to use.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Like everybody said one time and don't expire (except roaming)

If you would like more you will have to buy more, the system will never charge you without you authorisation.

Autopay is only for the plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dbur its a one time purchase. It will stay on your account until its used up. It will only work in Canada, unless its a 10 day US roaming add on. Buying data is a 2 step process add the funds and then buy it. Heres an article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Here's where and how to do it. 20200417_204130.jpg

Enjoy your vacation. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons are a one time purchase.  They remain in your account until used up except US roaming one which expires 10 days after purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbur wrote:

If I pay for a Data Add-On, Is that a one time purchase or will my bill assume it is now to be included monthly? I would like to add data but only for the next 2 to 3 weeks while away on vacation.

Thanks

dbur

Buy once, use over time until consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.