cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does it Take To Get Up and Running

RJ64
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First time Public Mobile customer and this has not been an easy or pleasant experience so far. I wanted to transfer my old phone number over to Public and made the request. The screen timed out and I e-mailed the Mods as recommended after viewing these pages. 

Someone got back to me and they were helpful as things have progressed, but by the end of the day my number still wasn't ported. I woke up this morning to find that my previous network had terminated my service but no service from my Public Mobile sim. 

I've sent numerous messages today asking what is happening but no response. The first message today was sent over 5 hours ago. 

Has anyone else had such issues trying to join Public Mobile? 

I've been trying to get this done since 1PM yesterday so over 24-hours to port a number and in the meantime no phone service. 

What if my car breaks down on the way home tonight or I get into an accident? 

I've never had number porting take longer than 10-15 mins before; this is insanely poor. 

Thanks Public!

38 REPLIES 38

RJ64

I thankfully have only converted my number over and not the wife's so my Koodo account does still exist. 

I can't go back at this stage however until Public makes me an active customer. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RJ64    Just to clarify, you mean you either submitted a ticket via SIMon chatbot or you used private message (envelope icon) and not email?

RJ64

Unfortunately it hasn't worked; I've been rebooting all day with no luck. 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear that this happened to you @RJ64 if you log into your self service account and look in the plan section. What number shows up there? If its the number that you ported. Please try turning your phone off, remove and replace the sim card. And restart your phone. Thank you.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@RJ64 If your previous provider closed out your account/service, your port should have completed. Reboot your phone and see if that helps.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@RJ64 I hope you didn't cancel your account from your previous provider

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@RJ64 chek your sent messages in  your private message foldsr. Envelope top right of tour screen. Unfortunately if it was sent, then you have to be patient and wait for them to fix your port. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@RJ64 hi try creating another ticket. this is what I've done to get a fast response. tell the new Moderator what happened.or you can open the last message you recieved from them and reply back. maybe the mod you were speaking too, was inexperienced...

Need Help? Let's chat.