cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Before Data Applied to Account

RandyWM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

My wife and I were on an old plan and upgraded to the $25.00 that includes some data (we were on the old plan for the same price, province wide calling only, unlimted chat, no data...so yeah us!).  We can see that the payment has been taken off of our credit card (auto payment being used) and I now have data, but she does not even though she has the same phone and the APN is set up the same as mine.

Is there typically a delay sometimes, is this an issue, or do we just need to wait it out a little longer for her data to "kick in".

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RandyWM wrote:

Hi there,

Restarting the phone worked!  Awesomesauce!

Thank you so much and have a great evening!

If a computer or phone has some sort of an issue Restarting is always the First step of any Trouble Shooting. I am surprised you didn't do that before reaching out for Help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyWM wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Restarting the phone worked, but I did check my Plan Details first, and everthing looked good, including the payments.

Thanks for the input, and have a fabulous evening!

Something weird was going with your couple threads there.

Great to hear.

RandyWM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Restarting the phone worked, but I did check my Plan Details first, and everthing looked good, including the payments.

Thanks for the input, and have a fabulous evening!

@RandyWM wrote:

Hi there,

Enjoy your DATA. 😁

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check APN settings on the phone...

They should be as followed.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

RandyWM

Hi there,

Shouldn't be a delay. I presume you're on the $25 unlimited Canada,text,500mb plus 500mb for autopay?

Click "Plan details" and make sure both show this. (If that's the plan you guys selected)

Screenshot_20190909_230602.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyWM wrote:

I checked the plan and it shows that she has the new plan and that she has the data.  I will try restarting the phone and see if that makes a difference.

And of course that data mode is on 🙂

Another thing to try is to power down, remove SIM, power up, power down, insert SIM, power up.

RandyWM

I checked the plan and it shows that she has the new plan and that she has the data.  I will try restarting the phone and see if that makes a difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyWM wrote:

Hello all,

My wife and I were on an old plan and upgraded to the $25.00 that includes some data (we were on the old plan for the same price, province wide calling only, unlimted chat, no data...so yeah us!).  We can see that the payment has been taken off of our credit card (auto payment being used) and I now have data, but she does not even though she has the same phone and the APN is set up the same as mine.

Is there typically a delay sometimes, is this an issue, or do we just need to wait it out a little longer for her data to "kick in".

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Check that the account has in fact been changed to the different plan. Maybe restart the phone. There shouldn't be a delay after the renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.