cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can transfer my Koodo phone? I chose new number as was instructed.

eurogala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone! I transferred my phone number. 

10 REPLIES 10

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The mods will contact you through private messages here on the forums.

Look for new "mail" in your message inbox, the envelope icon at the top right will also link to your inbox.

eurogala

I submitted a ticket and was said that I would be contacted within 48 hours. Does it mean that I should be with new public mobile number for so long? Because if I use my Koodo sim card, how will public mobile contact me?

@eurogala Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.  Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

eurogala

I used ? initially, asking to transfer my number, they said I need to fill in the form, I asked to give me the form, they said I need to fill in the form, again and again. I have no idea where to get the form to complete for number transferring. I am pissed off with this already!!!!

eurogala

I did sent the message using the link you mentioned, but nothing happened. How do I know that my message was received and necessary actions will be taken?

@Naepalm wrote:

@eurogala 

Contact the moderators and in the subject line say "port number"

They can do this quickly although you will probably not get a response until tomorrow morning. 

contact them here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The recommended method of contact is through the ticketing system.  Using private message directly bypasses that and will not generate a ticket number.  

@eurogala wrote:

I sent them a message using the link you provided, but nothing happened. How do I know that my message was received and my number will be transferred?

Normally you are supposed to use the ticketing system which starts with clicking on the ?.  That would generate a traceable ticket number for the interaction.  Using a private message directly is a last resort thing.  The way you should track the number porting is by continuing to use the old service.  When that disconnects, the number porting is complete.  You should also receive a response back from the moderators indicating that the number porting has been submitted.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@eurogala , with Koodo prepaid, you need moderator team assistance with number porting.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

eurogala

I sent them a message using the link you provided, but nothing happened. How do I know that my message was received and my number will be transferred?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@eurogala 

Contact the moderators and in the subject line say "port number"

They can do this quickly although you will probably not get a response until tomorrow morning. 

contact them here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.