cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot & public mobile

thienots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

When I enable the hotspot functionality on my phone and connect a PC to it, I cannot access  internet on the PC 

Is the function hotspot allowed by public mobile ? 

Is there something special to do other than enabling hotspot and connecting to the phone ?

Thank you, 

6 REPLIES 6

@thienots 

On my post that is marked as the solution click the 3 dots on the right. One of the dropdown options will say "not the solution"...click that. Then you'll have the option to mark @computergeek541 as the solution.

thienots

Ho sorry, I thought it was to close the thread. How can I give you the credit for solution ?

@thienots wrote:

Thank you for the fast response. I have an old iPhone. I followed one of your previously posted suggestion by changing APN to sp.mb.com. Works now. Thanks!

I've given the solution to jb456. For future reference, please do not give solutions to yourself.  Enjoy using your hotspot service.

thienots

Thank you for the fast response. I have an old iPhone. I followed one of your previously posted suggestion by changing APN to sp.mb.com. Works now. Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You need to edit your APN settings and add DUN to the APN type. For Android phones.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

@thienots wrote:

Hello, 

When I enable the hotspot functionality on my phone and connect a PC to it, I cannot access  internet on the PC 

Is the function hotspot allowed by public mobile ? 

Is there something special to do other than enabling hotspot and connecting to the phone ?

Thank you, 

Yes, you can use it.  There is no restriction on hotspot.

If you're using an Android phone, try adding the following to APN type:

dun

Need Help? Let's chat.