cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home number not eligible to transfer

chickenfree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, Any ideas on why our home landline number is coming up as not eligible to transfer? It is still active until the end of the month and my partner would like to port it to his new PM account. We haven’t finished the process of activating the new SIM yet as we’d like to keep the home number if possible and it is not showing as eligible. Thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11

@chickenfree wrote:

Turns out there is no transfer agreement between Telus/Public Mobile and my current provider - so transferring is a no go. Thanks for all your help!

@chickenfree  Find out what agreements do they have with other possible providers. It might be feasible to port out to one of them and then back into PM.

chickenfree

Turns out there is no transfer agreement between Telus/Public Mobile and my current provider - so transferring is a no go. Thanks for all your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chickenfree 

Was Nexicom the only option where you are?

I guess it is the chances of using small minor players when attempting to go to a larger network.

chickenfree

@mimmo wrote:

@chickenfree  just to add to @RossN  most numbers can be ported, but in few circumstances there are numbers that can not.  If yours is one that can not then it will not be possible to port even after activation.  Since the number is important to you I would message moderator_team first and confirm the portability.

Edit: this was an explanation I received from mods a while back:

For some reason, some specific numbers simply cannot be ported to our network. This happens to some numbers with particular 6 first digits. 

I believe it's due to the numbers coming from a really remote area and our network simply isn't able to support these numbers. It doesn't happen often, I've only seen this situation twice since I've been with PM so it's definitely not something you can expect to happen on a regular basis Smiley Happy 

There are probably more technical reasons as to why they can't be ported but that's the explanation I got from our porting team Smiley Happy "

Thanks @mimmo - I’ve just messaged them before trying to set things up to clarify. Hoping we’re not one of those small town exceptions! 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chickenfree  just to add to @RossN  most numbers can be ported, but in few circumstances there are numbers that can not.  If yours is one that can not then it will not be possible to port even after activation.  Since the number is important to you I would message moderator_team first and confirm the portability.

Edit: this was an explanation I received from mods a while back:

For some reason, some specific numbers simply cannot be ported to our network. This happens to some numbers with particular 6 first digits. 

I believe it's due to the numbers coming from a really remote area and our network simply isn't able to support these numbers. It doesn't happen often, I've only seen this situation twice since I've been with PM so it's definitely not something you can expect to happen on a regular basis Smiley Happy 

There are probably more technical reasons as to why they can't be ported but that's the explanation I got from our porting team Smiley Happy "

@chickenfree wrote:

Our home phone is currently through Nexicom so it is a smaller local company. When I talked to them earlier in the month they said they are just contacted to release a number and it shouldn’t be a problem ... It just seems automatically to say it’s not an eligible number though as its right away when we type it in. Hmm, maybe we’ll try choosing a new number then hopefully transferring after when it’s set up.

@chickenfree Once you are setup go into selfserve online pick the change phone number option and try to see if the port request gets processed. If not, and your provider says it's ok to port out then just message the moderator team and they will submit the port for you. Include all the port details in your message like acct#, name on account and phone number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

chickenfree

Our home phone is currently through Nexicom so it is a smaller local company. When I talked to them earlier in the month they said they are just contacted to release a number and it shouldn’t be a problem ... It just seems automatically to say it’s not an eligible number though as its right away when we type it in. Hmm, maybe we’ll try choosing a new number then hopefully transferring after when it’s set up.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would send your number to the moderator_team and ask them if they can port it manually, once an account is created. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chickenfree wrote:

Hello, Any ideas on why our home landline number is coming up as not eligible to transfer? It is still active until the end of the month and my partner would like to port it to his new PM account. We haven’t finished the process of activating the new SIM yet as we’d like to keep the home number if possible and it is not showing as eligible. Thanks! 

@chickenfree Who is your home phone provider? When activating best to pick a PM temp number and after everything is setup including selfserve then setup the port. Note home phone ports can take up to a week to complete so you better have a backup plan.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@chickenfree wrote:

When port home landline number to PM, at least need 7 business days to finish.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chickenfree hi I am not sure if this applies in your case but sometimes in smaller communities providers only have a certain allotment of numbers and I guess they prefer to keep them you can alway take a temp number and contact a moderator for assistance https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.