cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I just received a SIM card, and am wanting to transfer a number from a prepaid Koodo account

hiosoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read that a moderator is needed to do that.

So before I activate the sim and pay, I just wanted to know how that works (and make sure it's possible)

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

hiosoy

Actually, one last question, once I switch over from Koodo, I notice my Koodo account has been deactivated and I can't sign in, does that mean my automatic payments will stop too?

hiosoy

Thank you all, it's been sorted

@hiosoy Others are saying to have the moderators to this. That's correct, but moderators can't do any of it until your first activate your account.

@hiosoy  Correct, with a Koodo prepaid account you MUST activate with a new number. Then once the account has activated properly follow the other suggestions to contact the moderators. 
Be sure to get a referral code from someone for the $10 activation credit. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hiosoy if your Koodo is monthly then just port at activation otherwise you're going to have big headaches

if porting, only use the account number(make sure this is the correct number. there shouldn't be any letters, just numbers) and pin(voicemail password) from the previous provider

anytime you're proceeding to the next page and its loading keep wiggling your mouse curser so the system doesn't hang. do this till the next page loads.

when registering your credit card use all capital letters. after clicking "process payment" don't forget to keep wiggling your mouse 👍

then insert your sim, reset your network settings and restart your phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @hiosoy ,

Porting from Koodo:

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you need to click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the Koodo info above.

The Public Mobile Moderator team will take care of the port from your Koodo account to your Public Mobile account - easy peasy!

Other helpful articles:

Create a self serve account: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account
Refer a friend: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

@hiosoy wrote:

Thank you. So I should go through the activation with a different number, then deal with moderator?

@hiosoy hi yes it is suggested to do that first so at least you can see if all is working then contact a mod but that is your choice others say it is easier to do it at sign up 

hiosoy

Thank you. So I should go through the activation with a different number, then deal with moderator?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@hiosoy wrote:

I read that a moderator is needed to do that.

So before I activate the sim and pay, I just wanted to know how that works (and make sure it's possible)

Thanks

@hiosoy you can contact a moderator clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port request   you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner  take a tempoary number when you activate your account 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact moderator team by clicking '?' at bottom right and follow instructions.

Need Help? Let's chat.