cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey I have a FAQ

Ruosbrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What if I exceed the data limit. Will I get throttled low speed  internet ? For normal browsing and checking the emails etc.

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@popping

I am curious. Please tell us which Add-on gets used first the next time you start using a mixed pool of Data Add-ons, lol. 

I expect the first bonus 1GB data first.  I will know sometime tomorrow. One of my plan only has 0.5MB left out of 250MB plan data.  

Update: Instead of using the first free 1GB data add-on, PM server uses the new holiday giveaway from couple days ago even I started using the first bonus data already.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth wrote:

@popping

I am curious. Please tell us which Add-on gets used first the next time you start using a mixed pool of Data Add-ons, lol. 

I am pretty sure it would be first come first out. I still have data from the last free 1Gig

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM does not provide unlimited data after you use all your data. The data would be stopped and you can top it up with an Add-on to keep using it at 3G speeds.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You cannot go over your limit, it just stops once you consume what you have. PM don't offer unlimited at throttle speed...

popping

@Korth wrote:

@popping

I expect the first bonus 1GB data first.  I will know sometime tomorrow. One of my plan only has 0.5MB left out of 250MB plan data.  

@popping

arbleafsfan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To add to what the others have already said, the one time add ons are good option for "every now and then" going over your plan limit as what you don't use from the add on is carried to the next time you go over.  However if you are frequently going over you may want to look at plans with higher data.

popping

@Ruosbrown 

Data will stop after using all your plan data quota.  But you get the free 1GB data to tie you over to your next cycle.  BTW, this is the second free 1GB data in 3 months.  I still have 300MB left from the first free 1GB data.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ruosbrown wrote:

What if I exceed the data limit. Will I get throttled low speed  internet ? For normal browsing and checking the emails etc.

No  your data will just stop, there is no unlimited data here and it is all prepaid so if you haven't paid for it you won't get it.  Which also means no overage charges. 

Have you heard that PM is giving 1GB of free data nd 400 international minutes to every customer?  You can get these by going to your selfserve and selecting purcahse add-ons and look for the GIFT add-ons!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.