Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

charlesdnewman3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is saying sim not provisioned voice what does this mean

21 REPLIES 21

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ was having issue earlier. .just came back now.. i wonder if there is actually issue with the activation server on the back end... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you paid them then all kinds of things could have gone wrong. They could have typed in the wrong email address or the wrong SIM #...for starters.

You said you paid in cash...how much did you pay?

Did you create the self-serve account on the My Account page?

Questions for others: Do store activations send an email like online? Do you get a text with a code for creating the self-serve account? I can never seem to get these factors straight.

@charlesdnewman3 

More details would be helpful.  When you first activated, did you try the SIM card in your phone in the store?  Was your phone working at all before?  

charlesdnewman3

I went back today an they just asked me if I activated it an i told them they did an then they asked me to sign in an I tried an it didn't work

thinking about it again.. i think you should go back to the Kiosk tomorrow and show them the SIM error.  They should give you a new SIM and make sure it works before you go..  🙂

charlesdnewman3

When I dial out it say not registered to network

@hairbag1 wrote:

Dial 611 with that phone and you can get a status update.

Sim not provisioned error, i doubt he can dial out.. 

@charlesdnewman3 wrote:

Yeah they gave me a phone number an I choose a plan there an payed cash for it 

Dial 611 with that phone and you can get a status update.

you should have asked him to try the SIM in front of you..

You can open a ticket with mod as suggested by @HALIMACS  earlier and have them trace for you .. since you have a phone number, hopefully it won't be too hard to sort this out

charlesdnewman3

Yeah they gave me a phone number an I choose a plan there an payed cash for it 

@charlesdnewman3 wrote:

No ots not locked

Did the person at the kiosk activate the sim by creating an account for you ? Did your credit card get charged for plan you selected yet ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Once your all set to go, click on Activate on top of Public Mobile website, and if you need help, see link below for live assistance throughout the process:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Beyond that,  you can contact moderators.  They'll be able to help you. 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

sound like they didn't activate for you..

so, you just bought the SIM from the Kiosk  or you gave them all the info. (address, cc etc) and they helped you activate?

charlesdnewman3

No ots not locked

Hello @charlesdnewman3 ,

If you activated in store I would hope they would make sure things are working before you leave....?

Could your phone be locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you, at no charge.

You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.

charlesdnewman3

It a Samsung a8

@charlesdnewman3 wrote:

Well I thought that's what they did at the kiosk when I bought the sim card when I teyed it it say invalid sim card

Starting at the beginning...what make / model is the phone ? It's an unlocked phone...right ?

charlesdnewman3

Well I thought that's what they did at the kiosk when I bought the sim card when I teyed it it say invalid sim card

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @charlesdnewman3 ,

Did you activate your Public Mobile SIM card?

You do that here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Is your phone locked by the previous provider? IF so, contact them to unlock it for you.

Also you can try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you had services before an this is a new occurrence check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Let the moderators know about this as well.

@charlesdnewman3 wrote:

My phone says sim not provisioned for voice what does that mean

is this a new setup or you have been using PM for a while and just suddenly with this issue?

if new setup, then your account is not setup yet.  

If existing account,  go to your SelfServe account and check the SIM number there (last 4 digits) and verify with your SIM physically.. see if they match

If they do not match , put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

Also contact a moderator to sort the situation out, there are 2 methods:

Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
Send a private message to the moderator through the following link here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

charlesdnewman3

My phone says sim not provisioned for voice what does that mean

Need Help? Let's chat.