cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Krystalpearle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m new to public mobile I set up my Sim card and account... Put the Sim card in and apparently I put in the wrong code so now it’s asking me for a PUK code I was sent here to ask for the code someone please help me 

7 REPLIES 7

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

locked or stolen phone. If it is an iPhone XR keep it. )) 

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Krystalpearle . Try restarting phone after your phone. Or you can contact moderate 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Krystalpearle if the PUK code is 8 digits long, you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Krystalpearle welcome to PM.  Your phone's probably locked to you previous provider  contact them and ask them to unlock it for you. You will beed your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you.  Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Krystalpearle 

When a PUK code is prompted it is usually because your phone is locked to your previous provider. Contact your previous provider and ask them to unlock your phone. Any phone built before 2017 is most likely locked to the provider it was used for.

You will need to provide them with your IME# do this by dialing *#06#

@Anonymous advice is if it Is a Samsung can be followed as well. 

Welcome to public mobile thanks for reaching out!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a previous thread with an explaination by one of the oracles, Luddite.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/PUK-Code/m-p/423240

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Krystalpearle wrote:

I’m new to public mobile I set up my Sim card and account... Put the Sim card in and apparently I put in the wrong code so now it’s asking me for a PUK code I was sent here to ask for the code someone please help me 

What is the exact message? The phone might still be locked to your previous provider. If it's a Samsung then they could provide you with a code.

Need Help? Let's chat.