cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

HaleyLehr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, my service has been inactivated because my IMEI number apparently has been reported stolen based on Public Mobile which is certianly not the case, Can someone please reach out to me ASAP to get this sorted out?

15 REPLIES 15

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

and we do apologize for the delayed replies - we're trying our best to stay up to date with everything. However, when it comes to private messaging - one will need to be sent. We encourage our users to send us a private message directly when it comes to account related inquiries. If one has a general question, we would then invite them to post on the community where other users can help 🙂 @

z10user4

Thank you for your understanding,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah this is a problem. It takes so long to get a response from a PM only to be told there wasn't one.

Now...maybe in fact there wasn't one. But still...responses shouldn't take so long.

So maybe it turns out that tagging here does prompt some kind of response rather than waiting for a PM.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @HaleyLehr,

thanks for your reply!

We do apologize - I cannot locate a private message, only a public thread which as posted last Friday. As I said, feel free to send us a private message, I'll be more than happy to help you out 🙂

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

HaleyLehr

I have already messaged mods over a week ago now, I will figure it out myself since it takes too long 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @HaleyLehr,

thanks for reaching out to us and for posting on our community!

As you haven't done so already, can yo please send us a private message and include your phone number + 4 digit pin#?  We'll look into it for you.

Regards,

Mary

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HaleyLehr wrote:

No I have not. No admin/mods have reached out to me

Just to double check,

You lose service when you insert your SIM in the phone that's apparently stolen but you continue to have service when you insert it in your old phone?

In that case, your actual PM account is not inactivated but just the services on the phone that's apparently stolen?

Have you sent the mods a private message? If so, perhaps try sending a new message since it's been over 72 hours now...

HaleyLehr

No I have not. No admin/mods have reached out to me

angeliquem

@HaleyLehr wrote:

Hi there, my service has been inactivated because my IMEI number apparently has been reported stolen based on Public Mobile which is certianly not the case, Can someone please reach out to me ASAP to get this sorted out?

Hi!

Just curious, were you able to sort this out? If so, mark it as solved! 

We'd also love to hear how you were able to sort it so we can help out future cases that may be similar!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HaleyLehr wrote:

I checked the IMEI on the public mobile site and it says it has be reported as lost or stolen... but it isnt black listed and Apple has no record of it, It is definatly not stolen as i have purchesed it and it was working fine before today. I have my sim card in my old phone and it is working perfectly fine 

But did you purchase it new, sealed, in the box, at a store or something?

If you bought it used from some lady that showed up at your door (really...it's been mentioned) then all bets are off.

I'm betting a transcription error happened somewhere and it has affected your phone.

HaleyLehr

I checked the IMEI on the public mobile site and it says it has be reported as lost or stolen... but it isnt black listed and Apple has no record of it, It is definatly not stolen as i have purchesed it and it was working fine before today. I have my sim card in my old phone and it is working perfectly fine 

HaleyLehr

Thanks for the link. I checked it before buying and it was clean, it still isn’t blacklisted but according to my IMEI on public mobile it has been reported stolen...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HaleyLehr, this is the official IMEI registry for Canada.  You can use this to check whether the phone has been blacklisted.  Buy and sell sites such as Kijiji are known to be used by people to churn blacklisted phones. 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

angeliquem

@HaleyLehr wrote:

Just curious, how do you know it's been inactivated? Did you check your account on self-serve? 

Have you tried putting your SIM card in another phone to see if it gets service?

Regarding the IMEI and the stolen report, you should get in touch with the mods through private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HaleyLehr wrote:

Did you buy the phone new?

Either somebody mis-typed or somebody is messin' with ya.

As above, only the mods can straighten it out.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HaleyLehr

For account issues, you will likely need to contact moderator, but the wait times are about 48 hours.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)  Include the IME of your phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.