cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with porting number from Petro-Canada Mobility

rosemahwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried porting my Petro-Canada Mobility number over through the self serve portal. While the request was submitted successfully, I was called shortly after by a PM rep letting me know that the port failed because I needed to top-up my Petro-Canada Mobility balance.

So I did that and now I'm trying to port my number again using the self serve portal, but now I'm getting an error message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance. 

May I please ask for help from a PM mod? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Customers are only given one chance to submit a number port.  Subsequent ports have to be done by a moderator. 

Thanks for sharing... never knew that!

I wonder if PM has a note about this included within the activation/porting process.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@liuxinbing wrote:

I didn't know there is a live PM rep who would call customer for something that could be an issue.

The rep is from Telus porting department - not from PM.

The Telus rep will call you if you supply an alternate number in case of there is any issue in porting your number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rosemahwong 

Yes, your number must be active in order to port your number out of a provider.

Now, you need to send a private message to moderator to port your number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  In order to avoid more delay, your should provide all information to avoid moderator from asking for more information which will cost your another 2 - 3 days wait time.  Read my thread on how to port a number from Petro Canad Mobility and Speakout.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I didn't know there is a live PM rep who would call customer for something that could be an issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Customers are only given one chance to submit a number port.  Subsequent ports have to be done by a moderator. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rosemahwong wrote:

I tried porting my Petro-Canada Mobility number over through the self serve portal. While the request was submitted successfully, I was called shortly after by a PM rep letting me know that the port failed because I needed to top-up my Petro-Canada Mobility balance.

So I did that (cost me $15!) and now I'm trying to port my number again using the self serve portal, but now I'm getting an error message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance. 

May I please ask for help from a PM mod? Thank you!

@rosemahwong To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.