cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Help please!!!

@Tee2 

In the case of a SIM swap/hack, it's my understanding that Public Mobile can re-instate the service back to your original phone/SIM.

If so, you wouldn't need a new SIM card and phone number.

I don't know the particulars of whether yours meets the conditions for that, but I have heard on this Forum of Public Mobile being able to do so.

Unless you PREFER to change these items, it may be something to consider.   

Whatever works in your situation and you feel most comfortable with.

Tee2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@HALIMACS  Yes you are right! They did do that for me but I didn’t know and went to get a SIM card because I need my phone. I then found out you can’t just buy a SIM card I had to pick a new plan and basically become a new customer! I am so upset because I now lost the plan I had and my friends referral to save money! But because they scammed my number as well I just didn’t feel comfortable and worried it would just happen again.This account will no longer exist. Thank you so much tho for your help! I really appreciate it. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 wrote:

@HALIMACS  Yes you are right! They did do that for me but I didn’t know and went to get a SIM card because I need my phone. I then found out you can’t just buy a SIM card I had to pick a new plan and basically become a new customer! I am so upset because I now lost the plan I had and my friends referral to save money! But because they scammed my number as well I just didn’t feel comfortable and worried it would just happen again.This account will no longer exist. Thank you so much tho for your help! I really appreciate it. 

@Tee2 It's a shame because you can just go and buy a SIM card. Lots of places will sell you one. I'm guessing you went to Walmart? Apologies to Walmart if it was elsewhere. You would have had to tell them you just needed a replacement sim as you already are a customer.

Your old plan is not gone. A mod can reinstate your old sim on your old account. Let your new one expire if you like and it will go away after 90 days.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 : Dang retailer ripped you off. You would only have needed to have a strong password. Oh well. Glad it's all sorted. Hope you didn't have any financial impacts from the scammers.

Tee2

@z10user4  Thank you!  My financial accounts are ok so thank goodness. Yup I was ripped off from retailer for sure!! Not happy at all. 

Tee2

@kb_mv Yes I went to Walmart! We told the women the circumstances but she said No! The only way I could get the SIM was to become a new customer she said it was against their policy to do otherwise. I am really upset!  Thank you tho for the information but because my number was also part of a scam I just don’t feel safe reactivating the old one! So yes I lost my plan and rewards but I just don’t feel safe continuing with the old one. Thanks again I really do appreciate it. 

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wal-Mart really needs to be pulled as a retail partner of Public Mobile and also sent to the office of the CRTC for violations to the wireless code of conduct.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 : For yet more salt...:) you could also have changed your number. Stupid Walmart.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 can I ask where you purchased your first sim?

how long have you been a customer at public mobile?

Tee2

@z10user4 I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ but I am just moving forward now that’s all I can do! 😊 public mobile is trying to give me money back on my new account from my old account but she said in order to do that they need my new phone number and my PIN number . I don’t know..I don’t feel safe giving out that information on here (old account)  I guess I just have to suck it up and hope it never happens again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.