cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!!

Tee2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there an actual number to call customer service? I can’t believe I can’t talk to someone. Last night I had service and this morning it says no service?  How do I get help with this? 

39 REPLIES 39

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 I'm glad everything worked out in the long run. From your explanation of the events that you suffered it certainly sounds like your identity was compromised somewhere somehow. I sat down awhile ago after starting to use a password manager, and went through all 75 or so accounts we have online and changed the passwords on all of them (to generated ones) and entered the accounts into the password manager. It took awhile but I feel better about having done it.

Tee2

@kb_mv  I have no clue what happened. My problems started with my PC optimum points card . I noticed a women’s name attached to my points card and she was using my points. Got that fixed. Then my bank had sent a text saying something about fraud so I called them and someone used my bank card for door dash delivery. Got that fixed. Then I had random people call me saying I called them and I had no clue what they were talking about I found out that it’s fraud as well. Then I noticed after I went to bed the other night I had service but when I woke up I had no service so I came on here immediately to get help as I didn’t know how to contact anyone. The women who helped me from PM only said sorry this happened to you and she said she reinstated my old number but I said to her I didn’t want that and I explained I got a new sim and number . She never said what happened nor did I ask. I’ve been a PM user for a long time so I can’t say for sure what happened. Sorry about that wish I could help you more with more information.Also in order for them to forward my rewards and stuff from my old account I would have to give them my new phone number and PIN...because this account was hacked I don’t know if I feel safe enough to give them that info on here. I asked her if it was safe to do that on here but she never answered me so with that said I just want to forget about this account and take it as I got screwed over and move on. I thank everyone who tried to help me and hope that no one else has to deal with this crap like I did. Take care and stay safe!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 Now that you are moving forward can you fill in some info on what happened when you reported this to PM? Were they able to tell you when and from where the log in happened? Was it a normal log in using your password or was it a case of some social engineering with someone claiming they forgot log in info?

Were you a Koodo customer that could have been affected by last years data breach?

Tee2

@mm80 Yes I know and thank you 😊 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tee2 wrote:

@HALIMACS They can do that but need me to send my new phone number and pin on here and I just don’t feel comfortable. Thank you tho and you’re welcome! 

Only give that to moderator_team. They work for Public. If you're not going to do that, they can't help you.

Tee2

@HALIMACS They can do that but need me to send my new phone number and pin on here and I just don’t feel comfortable. Thank you tho and you’re welcome! 

Tee2

@Anonymous Ok, Thank you 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tee2 : I know everybody has a corruption price but I would put trust in them. If they can move your loyalty history and referrals and Available Funds that would be awesome.

@Tee2 

I'm glad things mostly worked out in the end.

Public Mobile should definitely be able to transfer any credits PLUS they really should be able to apply the referral rewards retroactively so you also don't have to lose them.

Thanks for the updates!

Tee2

I got my first SIM when I purchased my phone same place. I’ve been a customer for very long time. Anyways I’m just moving forward from here and hope this never happens again or to anyone else! It’s nothing but a big headache. Thanks for all your help and stay safe take care. 

Tee2

@Anonymous I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ but I am just moving forward now that’s all I can do! 😊 public mobile is trying to give me money back on my new account from my old account but she said in order to do that they need my new phone number and my PIN number . I don’t know..I don’t feel safe giving out that information on here (old account)  I guess I just have to suck it up and hope it never happens again. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 can I ask where you purchased your first sim?

how long have you been a customer at public mobile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tee2 : For yet more salt...:) you could also have changed your number. Stupid Walmart.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wal-Mart really needs to be pulled as a retail partner of Public Mobile and also sent to the office of the CRTC for violations to the wireless code of conduct.

Tee2

@kb_mv Yes I went to Walmart! We told the women the circumstances but she said No! The only way I could get the SIM was to become a new customer she said it was against their policy to do otherwise. I am really upset!  Thank you tho for the information but because my number was also part of a scam I just don’t feel safe reactivating the old one! So yes I lost my plan and rewards but I just don’t feel safe continuing with the old one. Thanks again I really do appreciate it. 

Tee2

@Anonymous  Thank you!  My financial accounts are ok so thank goodness. Yup I was ripped off from retailer for sure!! Not happy at all. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tee2 : Dang retailer ripped you off. You would only have needed to have a strong password. Oh well. Glad it's all sorted. Hope you didn't have any financial impacts from the scammers.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 wrote:

@HALIMACS  Yes you are right! They did do that for me but I didn’t know and went to get a SIM card because I need my phone. I then found out you can’t just buy a SIM card I had to pick a new plan and basically become a new customer! I am so upset because I now lost the plan I had and my friends referral to save money! But because they scammed my number as well I just didn’t feel comfortable and worried it would just happen again.This account will no longer exist. Thank you so much tho for your help! I really appreciate it. 

@Tee2 It's a shame because you can just go and buy a SIM card. Lots of places will sell you one. I'm guessing you went to Walmart? Apologies to Walmart if it was elsewhere. You would have had to tell them you just needed a replacement sim as you already are a customer.

Your old plan is not gone. A mod can reinstate your old sim on your old account. Let your new one expire if you like and it will go away after 90 days.

Tee2

@HALIMACS  Yes you are right! They did do that for me but I didn’t know and went to get a SIM card because I need my phone. I then found out you can’t just buy a SIM card I had to pick a new plan and basically become a new customer! I am so upset because I now lost the plan I had and my friends referral to save money! But because they scammed my number as well I just didn’t feel comfortable and worried it would just happen again.This account will no longer exist. Thank you so much tho for your help! I really appreciate it. 

@Tee2 

In the case of a SIM swap/hack, it's my understanding that Public Mobile can re-instate the service back to your original phone/SIM.

If so, you wouldn't need a new SIM card and phone number.

I don't know the particulars of whether yours meets the conditions for that, but I have heard on this Forum of Public Mobile being able to do so.

Unless you PREFER to change these items, it may be something to consider.   

Whatever works in your situation and you feel most comfortable with.

Tee2

@RosieR Thank you! They got back to me and my daughter is helping me to get a new SIM card and new phone number because before this happened to my SIM people were calling my number saying I called them when I never did! I found out it’s a scam! So I am changing SIM and Number. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 wrote:

It wouldn’t let me do the option of need human now. But I submitted a ticket . 

Hi @Tee2 your submitting a ticket is the way to get in touch with a moderator, who is a Public Mobile Customer Service Rep.  Expect a reply from a moderator within 48 hours (more or less).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on the top right of your page.  When a number pops up, that would be a reply from the moderators.

Good luck

RosieR

Tee2

Ok thank you I appreciate it. 

Tee2

It wouldn’t let me do the option of need human now. But I submitted a ticket . 

@Tee2 

For future reference, make sure that your self service account password is strong and do not use the same passwords for multiple online accounts. 

Moderators can restore your SIM card.  However, it can take several hours for response.  If you need service right away, you could purchase a new SIM card and replace the SIM card in yours self service account and restart service.  

Tee2

Ok thank you!! I did all that you said. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Tee2 wrote:

Yes. When I looked at the sim on my account it only shows me the last 4 digits. If I’m not mistaken they do not match. 

@Tee2 If they do not match you have been sim jacked. In your self serve under Plans and Add ons Tab, select Lost/Stolen tab and suspend your service immediately. Then change your pass word and security questions. THEN open a ticket as show here:

How to Open a Ticket

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts. Enter Sim Jacked.

Then if your phone number is tied to any accounts like PayPal banks etc, make sure they have not been compromised.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tee2 Compare to last 4 digits of your.sim. They don't match match meaning somebody took over your account.  Suspend service as lost/stolen phone and change password. Contact moderators.

@Tee2 

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

Tee2

Yes. When I looked at the sim on my account it only shows me the last 4 digits. If I’m not mistaken they do not match. 

Need Help? Let's chat.