cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help phone number not working

DPBemister
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was already a public customer and I changed my number this morning because I was getting calls from strange numbers. Now my phone is not working can’t call out, not getting incoming calls. Help I needs my phone to work it’s my only phone in case of emergencies or for work. I’ve turned off my phone and removed the SIM card and turned my phone back on after replacing the SIM card and it’s still not working....help my account is in good standing until August 

23 REPLIES 23

DPBemister

I didn’t change the sim number just the phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DPBemister wrote:

it says the number is not in service 

Wild straw grasping...what are the chances you did Change SIM rather than Change Number? Other experts might know if it gives an error if not 19 digits.

DPBemister

it says the number is not in service 

@DPBemister wrote:

I have also tried all that as well

@DPBemister  When you login online under plan & addons does it show the new number that you selected? If yes, what happens when you call that number?

DPBemister

I changed the number on my phone as well but it’s still not working 

@DPBemister wrote:

My phone is compatible it’s an iPhone 8 it’s the same phone I’ve been using since I started with public 

This sounds strange, but does your phone know you've changed numbers?  I'm not an iPhone user, so I'm not sure where you would look for this on the device.

@DPBemister this is really strange that the tricks being offered are not working.

Is it possible there's a tower out in your area right now?  Do you have any services on your phone working (provided by Public Mobile)?

Trying another (unlocked/Telus locked) phone is a good option to verify your account is working.

DPBemister

My phone is compatible it’s an iPhone 8 it’s the same phone I’ve been using since I started with public 

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My quick suggestion is to switch to different phone to see that you have the same issue. Hope you will fined a compatible phone.

DPBemister

I have also tried all that as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DPBemister wrote:

@stonechucker I have already sent a message to the moderator team thank you everybody hope my phone works soon

So you did try the lost/stolen feature?

Like this:
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Another goofy thing to try that has been known to work on many occassions is to manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

bravo_md

Good luck and hang tight , we all want to help you.

DPBemister

@stonechucker I have already sent a message to the moderator team thank you everybody hope my phone works soon

@DPBemister, as @GinYVR has advised, please send a message to the Moderator_Team via the link provided or the envelope icon in the upper right corner.

DPBemister

I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I have received and my phone is still not working

@DPBemisterSince @stonechucker said it is instanteous.. you might want to consider sending the Moderator_Team with this link, a note concerning your problem. They will reply asking for your identity verification and hopefully things will work out after. They might reply from a few hours to 48 hours +

JackQuint

As @stonechucker and @bravo_md suggested, have you tried the lost/stolen trick yet? If that doesn't resolve it, try a network reset for your phone.

For iOS: Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

For Android: Settings -> System -> (Advanced) -> Reset Options -> Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth

Network reset often fixes most connectivity issues without requiring a full reset. You will lose your saved Wi-Fi networks and BT devices.

DPBemister

Yes I changed my number.

46E37240-B021-4A1E-92CB-F2239CEE2A26.png

@DPBemister Inside 'My Account' you can mark your phone lost, wait for 5 minutes, then reactivate your account.

@GinYVR wrote:
@DPBemisterif you just changed your number it will take a few hours for the number transfer to happen. You just have to hold on tight in the mean time.. Give it a few hours, perhaps check in the afternoon EST.

@GinYVR, phone number changes are instantaneous.  Please stop the fabricated nonsense.  Port-ins are usually quick but can be a delay, but the user has chosen a new number (unless I misunderstood the OP).

@DPBemister, is your plan still listed as Active?

DPBemister

What do you mean by the lost phone trick

bravo_md

Try the lost phone trick.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@DPBemister if you just changed your number it will take a few hours for the number transfer to happen. You just have to hold on tight in the mean time.. Give it a few hours, perhaps check in the afternoon EST.
Need Help? Let's chat.