cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me

Farhadaskani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I move to telus to public mobil but my old number is not work what i can do now how i will active my number 

5 REPLIES 5

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Login to your account. On the far right of that page , top , look for "Change my number". From there click on port in my number . Follow the links from there to enter your old phone providers account and phone number you want to port into Public mobile. Within a few minutes once you have that done and all done correctly your old number will be added to your Public mobile account. You will get a text from Public mobile stating it was a successful port. 

All the best. Cheers 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Farhadaskani 

Here is the knowledge article on porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Most ports require the original carrier account number, account holder name and phone number.  

Generally, you will not need to contact Telus.  Once ported, your Telus account will automatically close.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Farhadaskani wrote:

I move to telus to public mobil but my old number is not work what i can do now how i will active my number 

Your Telus account has to be active for a succesful port request.

Is your Public Mobile SIM working at all? Outgoing calls? Incoming calls?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Farhadaskani wrote:

Did you already request the transfer? If so, how long ago?  Check if outgoing calls work. If outgoing calls don't work, you have a provisioning issue.

Then check if incoming calls work. If they don't, use your Telus sim because calls are going to to your old service. 

If it's been more than a few hours, get your Telus account number ready and and contact the moderators by opening a ticket.  That's done by clicking on the question mark in the bottom right of your the screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Farhadaskani wrote:

Did you use the transfer number option when you signed up with Public Mobile? Or did you select a new number?

The transfer number option should be pretty fast if your Telus account was active.

Maybe restart the phone.

Does your old Telus service still work?

Need Help? Let's chat.