cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me please - Fido port not working

alys1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HELP!!!!

I've sent 2 messages to PublicMobile  regarding my issues with porting my # from Fido, still no reply. I have to decide today if I pay another month with Fido just to keep my # active so I can port it. 

Can someone PLEASE help me with this ASAP?  I sent the original message a week ago! Cat Mad

19 REPLIES 19

silversamurai12
Wow @hda413! A month. You're patient!
I hope you get service soon. That's crazy!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@hda413 what's the issue your having and have you made a thread?

Rockdaddy22
@ceej I think you should definitely make your own thread, especially if it's been that long. When's the last time you sent a message and how did you send it?

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@hda413, when you email the moderators, make sure to include your phone number and account number.

hda413

I'm just shy of a month.  I'll hit my month anniversary on Dec. 3.

silversamurai12

I wonder what the record is...

C'mon mods, help these poor souls out...

I had to wait 8 days, but 10+ is pretty insane...

alys1985

I'm still waiting and I feel like if I stay silent, then I'll continue being ignored....someone from PM finally replied to my initial email telling me to make a new account then port my number after.....this is exactly what I already did! I replied telling them that, but who knows how long it will take them to get back to me since it took 2 weeks for any response whatsoever.

If I didn't already cough my up $100 for this 3 month plan, I'd quit now. This whole thing was supposed ot save me money. ha! 

ceej

It's been going on 11 days for me now.

I don't think the 'Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider' Buton works for me particularly because I tried to port the number during registration. So It's as if the Port is stuck at a gate, just waiting to finalize or go through.

So far, I am staying patient. however, 11 days... I feel like people who raise their voices, spam the message boards and continuously make threads seem to be 'rewarded' by having their issues fixed rather than those who are patient and understanding. 

KK
Is your Fido card still working? Just keep using it.
The moderators can change the start date of your your plan. Second, have you used the transfer number function under your self serve account?

alys1985

almost 2 weeks since 1st email sent to PM about porting my Fido #.... no response... the messages I sent after that to the mods haven't even been read..  I really hate complaining like this (plus I hate wasting time on this) but COME ON...I really wish I hadn't paid for a 3 month plan or any plan with PM. But now I am stuck.... Waste of money, waste of time.  

alys1985

you're doing better than me- at least someone told you they read your message.

hope it gets resolved soon for both of us (and all the others with the same issue)

Jnunez
In the same boat. I was charged another month from previous company and public mobile. Been with no proper service since the 14th and sent an email last week friday which was replied to today and a mod responded yesterday asking for account number. Which I suspect will take a while to be read again...

alys1985

Yes I have tried all of the above....and still not even a reply from anyone to even acknowledge that they are looking into whatever the problem is. 

Fido sim card is still active (but new billing cycle actually started), activated Public Mobile sim card activated (but not being used). 

Really wish I had bothered to look at all these forum posts before deciding to go with Public....I probably wouldn't have done it. Didn't realize this was such a problem.

silversamurai12

Ouch!

Sounds like this is a common problem...

At least more mods are being added, but still...

KK
Have you tried signing into my account and using the transfer number function?

mimmo

Dont worry about the two bills,  PM will adjust your billing cycle o the date that the port is completed and your old carrier will prorate your account when ported out.

if your old sim works use that till PM get to you.  

ceej

I'm in the exact same boat.

Recieved an error on the last page of activation. 

Credit Card was charged.

FIDO SIM is still active.

PM SIM - does not recieve all texts, does not recieve incoming calls.

I believe the port is stuck. Waiting since the 19th, paying two phone bills.

Messaged @Shazia_K@Mary_M and I still have no response.

Seems like they've added some new Mod's to deal with the demand aswell.

@Caroline_D apparantly has been able to help a number of people aswell. 

mimmo

Does your old sim still work?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

What is your issue?  Have you been able to activate your SIM, Have you tried to port your number?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.