cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...almost done

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Old service provider equipment number? Is that the IMEI? It won't accept it do eliminate the forward slash in the number?

17 REPLIES 17

Thank you almost done. Got his welcome text and waiting for his code to set up voicemail.

Woohoo!!!

Yes found the solution...mostly likely because he didn't use the unlocking code right away. So the number is porting. We'll wait until morning to see if it hasn't completed yet

@darliciousDid you start the port process? If so, no incoming call means the port is in progress.

Alright partial success...everything working but incoming calls. They are going straight to message. He has received his pin text but not a welcome text from pm. I'm going to run thru some posts to see what solutions are out there. Interesting note once we did get set up at the bottom the box telling you to check the pan for data when you press "here" all the instructions and troubleshooting for account set up come up. Why isn't that on the first page of "getting started".? That would have solved all my problems...my room mate had not put the SIM card in his phone!

@darliciousI would recommend just activate the account first.. then port your roommate numbers over after you have made sure all the service is working correctly.

So should I just give up for the evening? I've noticed that sometimes there are issues setting up but there is usually a solution to the issue. Often a misunderstanding on the new user end. The second time I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly and the phone # in question is in good standing, paid up to date, unlocked and compatible.

@darlicious 

I can't say for sure if there have been problems tonight but I haven't heard of anything.  I also do know that people have been able to activate tonight, even as recently as about an hour ago.

(message threads merged)

Hmmmm now that I've gotten the file not found page again and I have to wait another hour to try again....gives me time to browse the community looking for answers. I'm not really finding them though. My room mate was afraid something like this would happen...i assured him it was unlikely. Ha! Thus has been an epic fail on all accounts. In store activation failed and now twice online. I will give up for this evening...maybe try in the middle of the night if I can't sleep or trek back to ld tomorrow and have them give it a go. Is Public Mobile having a particular problem tonight or just bad luck on my end?

I cleared my browser...history everything. I waited over an hour to activate. This time I didn't make it to the choose your plan page instead after filling the final info on the old account etc...I hit continue...processing for a minute and back to "file not found". Is there a problem on pm's end?

Ok here goes I'll start again from the beginning. Thx

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

I entered the IMEI and it accepted it minus the 3 numbers after the forward slash and all the other required fields. Picked a plan then hit continue. It went to file not found. What now?

Restart your browser to clear your session state and start over again.  Forget the IMEI number.  Just use the 

- account number

- name on account

- phone number to be ported.

If you want to supply your IMEI number, don't use any special characters.  Just all numbers and no spaces. 

I entered the IMEI and it accepted it minus the 3 numbers after the forward slash and all the other required fields. Picked a plan then hit continue. It went to file not found. What now?

@darlicious wrote:

I've entered the old account number the next box is the old service providers equipment number. What is That?

@darlicious  Don't bother with that. Just enter account number, name on the account and the phone number. That's all that is required.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

I've entered the old account number the next box is the old service providers equipment number. What is That?

1.  previous account number,

2.  phone number to be ported

3.  and your name on your previous account

are you need to port your number to PM.

In addition to the about info, you may add your previous account PIN number.  But is not needed.

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Old service provider equipment number? Is that the IMEI? It won't accept it do eliminate the forward slash in the number?

@darlicious  the IMEI number on the screen of your mobile phone or smartphone by entering *#06# into the keypad.

@darlicious  If you are setting up a port best to use the account number instead of IMEI. If you are porting out from Speakout use your PIN. If you don't have your account number then call your old provider and ask for it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious  the IMEI number on the screen of your mobile phone or smartphone by entering *#06# into the keypad.

Need Help? Let's chat.