cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required for availing the $25 Promotion

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, A family member in Brampton, ON has decided to sign in to PM availing the $25 promotion before Dec 6. Here are a few questions she needs help with and I'll request community input (as I am not too old a memeber either):

Q-1: From the forums I read that Walmart, WOW  etc are reluctant selling the SIM only. Considering that there are only 3 days left, what is her best option to get the SIM at the quickest, rather immediately.  Ordering online is not an option because it may arrive after Dec 6 (the end of promotion date).

Q-2: Would she be able to activate the SIM without any funds in her account ? I ask because she can't create a self-serve account without an activated SIM.

10 REPLIES 10

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes Walmart can give you trouble... Best to try Wow mobile, TMS or other shops. 

sprocket
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow I wish I had read this before I went to Walmart! Thanks Popping for such a great answer

sa7375

A very profound thank you to all the community members who responded so promptly. I'm obliged.

Update. I was a bit lucky this afternoon walking into a WOW booth where the sales person sold me a SIM without any questions or reservations. I passed it to the family member and then helped her walk through the activation process and setup of self-serve account. The whole process went through flawlessly and smoothly.

@popping @Carld123 @sweetcute123 @Dunkman @hairbag1 @wetcoaster

@sa7375 wrote:

@popping 

Thank you for a very prompt response and precise answers. Since you mentioned that the promotions has been extended to Dec 16, ordering online may be an equally good option. Two supplementary questions:

1. If ordered online, do SIMs arrive within a week within Toronto GTA.

2. Does ordering online make it any more expensive - like shipping etc. 

@sa7375

"Promotion", singular. Only the $25/$25 promotion has been extended. The $10 off $30+ plans is ending tomorrow at 11:59pm ET. If you want to take advantage of the later as well (the two are stackable), you need to find a retailer that sells you the SIM without activation tomorrow. Go home and activate online asap. With some of the portal glitches reported here I wouldn't leave it 'til 11:45pm ET...

Question 1: With the Canada Post strikes / back log, all bets are off. Could arrive in two days, could arrive in two weeks.

Question 2: No, $10 + tax, shipping included.

sa7375

@popping 

Thank you for a very prompt response and precise answers. Since you mentioned that the promotion has been extended to Dec 16, ordering online may be an equally good option. Two supplementary questions:

1. If ordered online, do SIMs arrive within a week within Toronto GTA.

2. Does ordering online make it any more expensive - like with added shipping cost etc. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

*This offer has been extended to December 16, 2018.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

@sa7375

Walmart has the "reputation" for not wanted to sell SIM alone.  Wow mobile, Mobile shop, and K mobile (london drugs in Western Canada) are usually fine in selling the SIM alone.  Just be firm that you only want to buy SIM card because of the promo.

If your family member is getting a $30+ plan, they should try to get the plan by tomorrow for the 6x $10 per month promotion.  

sweetcute123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you can travel to Toronto

Public mobile vending machine at Dufferin mall, Toronto
Free small chocolate also
With only 10cad, no tax if you buy here
You can pay by credit card or cash also

if you want message me for referral  🙂

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sa7375

The. 25$ promo is until the 16th..so you still have time to research and see if it will work for you......

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sa7375 wrote:

Hi, A family member in Brampton, ON has decided to sign in to PM availing the $25 promotion before Dec 6. Here are a few questions she needs help with and I'll request community input (as I am not too old a memeber either):

Q-1: From the forums I read that Walmart, WOW  etc are reluctant selling the SIM only. Considering that there are only 3 days left, what is her best option to get the SIM at the quickest, rather immediately.  Ordering online is not an option because it may arrive after Dec 6 (the end of promotion date).

Q-2: Would she be able to activate the SIM without any funds in her account ? I ask because she can't create a self-serve account without an activated SIM.

The $25 referral credit had been extended to Dec 16.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-December-16-Get-a-25-Credit-for-Y...

Q1:  The Mobile Shop, inside Superstore or Loblaws, sells the PM SIM card too.  I would call your local store to make sure that they will sell you PM SIM only without activation first before going there.

Q2:  At the end of the online activation process, you will be ask to pay for your plan.  You can pay by credit card, VISA debit or using PM topup voucher.

Need Help? Let's chat.