cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Referral didn't work

Elittle01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm new to PM so I really hope that posting here helps me.

I got my new sim card​ and activated yesterday at Walmart. Someone referred me so I used their number. The clerk there gave me the thumbs up that it works. He also told me that I will get $1 off and so will the person referring me. Furthermore, he said that there is a $25 credit bonus if you sign up to PM by referral. 

I thought it was great and I signed up. Now I checked online on my account, I have no friend referral bonus and no credits except for the auto pay bonus that I also set up.

Do I have to go back to the store and try to figure it out or can I cancel my sim and get another one? Please help. $25 and $1 is a lot of money and it's a good deal.

My mom also wants to get it and we just want to make sure about what we can do so that we don't lose the credits.

I'm trying to reach a moderator but no luck so far.

Thank you for any advice

14 REPLIES 14

ddrodge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can change the Sim on your account with a new one.  You will get the $1 for the referal plus whatever offer is advertised.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hi Z10user4,

Thank you so much. It makes sense now. You are probably correct. But do you know if I could cancel my current new sim and get another sim card to activate on my own at home?

If I referred my mom, and she gets her sim and activates it at home, then we both get $25, plus I get $1 off per month and does she also get a one time activation credit of $10?

Hmm. And further to what @will13am said...I'm then guessing that the $1 doesn't stack either. I think it's either/or...$25 once each OR $10 once and the ongoing $1. But I could be wrong.

@Anonymous, you will always get the $1 per 30 days for referrals 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ddrodge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If they are offering the $25 off that is what you will get you will not get both! The $10 is only when there are no other offers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. And further to what @will13am said...I'm then guessing that the $1 doesn't stack either. I think it's either/or...$25 once each OR $10 once and the ongoing $1. But I could be wrong.

@Anonymous, the 1/30 days is always available & applicable.  The extra $10/$25 will not prevent the $1/30 days.

Robot Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hi Z10user4,

Thank you so much. It makes sense now. You are probably correct. But do you know if I could cancel my current new sim and get another sim card to activate on my own at home?

If I referred my mom, and she gets her sim and activates it at home, then we both get $25, plus I get $1 off per month and does she also get a one time activation credit of $10?

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hi Z10user4,

Don't bother cancelling and signing up the first line again.  The bonus reward is not large enough to pay the cost of new SIM card plus lost fees spent on the old account.  Just proceed with the second line and make the best out of that activation.  By the way, the promo is a replacement for the normal $10 credit.  They don't stack.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hi Z10user4,

If you're also implying that you would want a refund for cancelling then I have not heard of refunds much at all around here. This is a prepaid service. You've paid up front. I'm not even sure there's a way to cancel. Maybe contract law gives you 7 days I don't know I'm not a lawyer.

I'll let others answer the additional stacked $10 credit but I don't think so.

Elittle01

@will13am wrote:

@Elittle01, these are the relevant links concerning referral rewards.  The first link concerns the general rewards and the second link covers the promo that you are referring to.  Generally, the party giving the referral gets $1/30 days issued at account renewal time.  The referred party gets $10 one time credit.  The promo bumps up the credit to $25 for both parties.  However, the stipulation is the activation has to be completed online, not at a retailer.  The bonus offer should not apply to your case, you will get the standard credits.  If you wish to refer your family, make sure to do online activation to get the bonus credits.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-September-13-Get-a-25-Credit-for-...

Thank you will13am.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Elittle01, these are the relevant links concerning referral rewards.  The first link concerns the general rewards and the second link covers the promo that you are referring to.  Generally, the party giving the referral gets $1/30 days issued at account renewal time.  The referred party gets $10 one time credit.  The promo bumps up the credit to $25 for both parties.  However, the stipulation is the activation has to be completed online, not at a retailer.  The bonus offer should not apply to your case, you will get the standard credits.  If you wish to refer your family, make sure to do online activation to get the bonus credits.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-September-13-Get-a-25-Credit-for-...

Elittle01

Hi Z10user4,

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Elittle01

You get only $10 referral credit for in store activation. WM rep was wrong.

It will take up to 72 hours to get your $10 credit.

The $25 referral credit is for online activation only.  If you refer your mother and your mother activate online, you will get $25 credit and your mother will get $25 credit.  You also get $1 every 30 days  as long as your mother stay woth PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elittle01 wrote:

That you for your quick response.

I did ask him if he was sure I would get the referral bonus of $25 for activation with him and he said yes, as per the current promo, I only needed to be referred and use the referring person's number. But I didn't even get the $1/month referral bonus either. 

So either the sales guy lied or he didn't put mlthe referral number in during activation.

So what can I do now?

Having already activated, you're currently only eligible for the usual reward...$10 once for you as a credit and $1 per month as a reward for the referrer.

If you had bought the SIM and then activated online you would both have got the $25.

The person at Walmart was quite confused.

Unless...the promos are still active. But they appear to have expired on the 6th.

Elittle01

That you for your quick response.

I did ask him if he was sure I would get the referral bonus of $25 for activation with him and he said yes, as per the current promo, I only needed to be referred and use the referring person's number. But I didn't even get the $10 referral bonus either. 

So either the sales guy lied or he didn't put the referral number in during activation.

So what can I do now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elittle01 wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to PM so I really hope that posting here helps me. I got my new sim card​ and activated yesterday at Walmart. Someone referred me so I used their number. The clerk there gave me the thumbs up that it works. He also told me that I will get $1 off and so will the person referring me. Furthermore, he said that there is a $25 credit bonus if you sign up  to PM by referral. 

I thought it was great and I signed up. Now I checked online on my account, I have no friend referral bonus and no credits except for the auto pay bonus.

Do I have to go back to the store and try to figure it out or can I cancel my sim and get another one? Please help. $25 and $1s a lot of money and it's a good deal.

My mom also wants to get it and we just want to make sure what we can do so that we don't lose the credits.

I'm trying to reach a moderator but no luck so far.

Thank you for any advice

Kinda mixing up some things.

There is a regular referral reward of $10 for you when you sign up and have a referral number. That referrer will get the $1 per month for as long as you remain a customer.

Then there are the promos:

When you activate online ONLY you get $25 once and the referrer gets $25 once.

London Drugs and Walmart promos appear to have expired on the 6th.

Need Help? Let's chat.