cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Number port stuck in limbo

Nevantech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So yesterday I tried to port my number from Virgin mobile to public mobile, but for some reason the port was stuck in some sort of limbo. My phone and public mobiles website says that my number is ported, but whenever someone calls it or texts it, it goes straight to Virgin mobile. When I called Virgin they say that there was never a port, and that you need the account number to port. 

What I think the problem is, is that I only entered the phone number and the pin, not the account number. 

1 REPLY 1

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, those are the symptoms of a hung port-in. PM can force your outgoing calls to use the Virgin number but need Virgin to release it for incoming calls. Unfortunately you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, Virgin account & phone number, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

Just keep using whatever SIM is working and do not cancel your Virgin account. That should happen automatically once the transfer is complete.

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.