cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: I can not receive phone call

pingan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone No. xxx-xxxx-xxxxx transfer from Petro Canada Mobility, my login in email: xxxxxx@xxxxxxx

1. I can not receive call that means no incoming call, but can dial out.

2. No data service.

Need technical support. Please

edited by computergeeek541 to remove personal information

10 REPLIES 10

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the information from the Petro Canada Mobility site concerning porting out.

https://mobility.petro-canada.ca/support-number-portability.aspx

@pingan 

Call Petro Canada Mobile and confirm with them IMEI they have in records.  Then give that to Public moderator to fix the port.

@pingan wrote:

last night port in.

Thanks very much for your supporting!

@pingan  Restart your phone. Put in your old petro sim card. If it works keep using it till it stops. Send a message to the mod team now and let them know whats going on. Click this to send them a message.

@RobertQc wrote:

@pingan wrote:

My phone No. ****transfer from Petro Canada Mobility, my login in email: ic*******om.

2. No data service.

Hey don't post your personal details.

When did you port in from petro canada ? It could take up to 48 hours.

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

If it's been a while since you initiated the port, call PetroCan Mobility and ask for the information they need for a successful port out. (As far as I remember they use the same system as SpeakOut, meaning that they don't have actual account numbers.)

Then send that information to the moderator team by private message and ask them to resubmit your port request.

pingan

last night port in.

Thanks very much for your supporting!

@pingan wrote:

my phone is iphone 7

@pingan  When did you port in ?

pingan

my phone is iphone 7

You should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@pingan wrote:

My phone No. ****transfer from Petro Canada Mobility, my login in email: ic*******om.

2. No data service.

Hey don't post your personal details.

When did you port in from petro canada ? It could take up to 48 hours.

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pingan 

What exact make/model phone do you have?

Porting can usually take a while. Your old service probably still works though. Use it until it doesn't. Then you'll know the port is done.

For data:

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set