cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello sim card questions

Crystal_lee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cant make it into a retail store. Is there a way to buy and activate for immediate use online ?

Thanks in advance !

C

22 REPLIES 22

@tehowennathe 

Could you please consider editing your initial statement accordingly, then? People might not go and read all three pages of this thread and correcting the statement in reply #3 might help avoiding confusion / disappointment.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It was a family member who picked up a sim card for me which causes confusion

You can order a PM SIM card from PM.  It will (usually) arrive from Canada Post within 2-5 business days.

You can buy a PM SIM card from Amazon.  From PM or from other vendors.  Added shipping costs and delays may apply (which is kinda stupid but it is what it is).

You can use the use the PM Store Locator.  It'll direct you to your local Wal-mart, London Drugs, or boutique wireless vendor.  These vendors can sell you the PM card, install it, configure your phone (APN settings) for PM service.  Sometimes you can walk out of the store with fully tested and fully working phone service(s) - sometimes you'll have to wait a few hours or even a day (then reset your device) before the Telus side of things will provide any working service(s) to your device.

tehowennathe

Simple mix up because mall near me has a PM kiosk near Dollarama

@tehowennathe wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about back when Lucky Mobile did it and that's where I got my sim before I came to back to PM

So, to clarrify, you never got a Public Mobile sim card from Dollarama?

tehowennathe

Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about back when Lucky Mobile did it and that's where I got my sim before I came to back to PM

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Someone please post a photo of Dollarama selling PM SIM card for $4.

@Dunkman hi  my son works there and he has never seen them wish they did 

I think that there was an error.  I went to three Dollaramas within the last week and none were selling Public Mobile SIM cards.  Just Lucky and Virgin Mobile (as previously announced by those companies).  

@tehowennathe wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

If there are no PM kiosk near by keep in mind that you can buy from Dollarama for $4 and active at home. Also Walmart has sim cards. If you live in a rural area your only options are Amazon or PM website. 

Cheapest option is Dollarama. That's where I bought my sim card.

Dollarama is a new one?? I have not seen that in the announcements.

(I know that some Dollarama franchises carry Lucky SIM cards, but I wonder how they would get Public Mobile to agree to undercut the carrier pricing for the SIM by 60% in every Dollarama store in Canada. So confirmation would be nice that this is more than just the odd very enterprising Dollarama manager's decision...)

Announcement was made a while back. Chances are you missed it. 

I've just gone through 4pages of announcements and asked SIMon all variations of the question. No result of an announcement from Public Mobile that Dollarama is a new official retailer for PM SIM cards.

Please provide a link?

tehowennathe

Sorry was thinking about when I signed up for Lucky Mobile a while back

tehowennathe

@wetcoaster wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

If there are no PM kiosk near by keep in mind that you can buy from Dollarama for $4 and active at home. Also Walmart has sim cards. If you live in a rural area your only options are Amazon or PM website. 

(I know that some Dollarama franchises carry Lucky SIM cards, but I wonder how they would get Public Mobile to agree to undercut the carrier pricing for the SIM by 60% in every Dollarama store in Canada. So confirmation would be nice that this is more than just the odd very enterprising Dollarama manager's decision...)

Announcement was made a while back. Chances are you missed it. 

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Retail outlets - walmart and dollarama are the quickest.

tehowennathe

@popping wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

IIRC, Dollarama is selling Virgin and Lucky SIM card.

It is nice to know that Dollarama is selling PM SIM card for $4. 

It's goes against store policy to sell over $4. So it turns out to be better for new PM customers. It's good that new customers have more places to buy SIM cards

@tehowennathe wrote:

tehowennathe

@computergeek541 wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

Does Dollarama sell Public Mobile sim cards?

Yes as last month that's where I bought my sim card. It's $4 because at Dollarama they won't sell anything higher then $4

@tehowennathe wrote:

Does Dollarama sell Public Mobile sim cards?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

IIRC, Dollarama is selling Virgin and Lucky SIM card.

It is nice to know that Dollarama is selling PM SIM card for $4. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You order a sim online directly from PM under the get started section or by ordering through Amazon.

tehowennathe

@Crystal_lee wrote:

I cant make it into a retail store. Is there a way to buy and activate for immediate use online ?

Thanks in advance !

C

That depends on what you mean by immediate use.  The service obviously can't be used until you have the sim card.  Is it your intention to buy online but that you wish to have it already activated? Keep in mind if you did manage to do this, days of your plan would start being consumed before you could even use the service.

Unfortunately buying from Amazon directly or from Public Mobile wouldn't allow that because you would need to numbers on the sim card to pre-activate it.  I don't work for Public Mobile, but I might be able to help with such a scenario.  Feel free to send me a private message.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Crystal_lee 

No, unfortunately, you will need a new physical SIM card to activate and use immediately. 

You can purchase online either via PM website or even Amazon and the SIM card will arrive usually within one week depending on where you live in Canada.  

Need Help? Let's chat.