Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble porting old number to new activation

Kaytee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

12 REPLIES 12

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kaytee , I would follow the instructions given by @geopublic .  Another site said "For PC Mobile users, Public Mobile says you need to choose a new number first, then contact them to manually complete the port.".

@Kaytee wrote:

I just activated new account and it won’t let me port my old number from Koodo 

@Kaytee  Just pick a temp number to get the card activated and deal with the Koodo port later via messaging a moderator.

are there no humans at the kiosk? Hello?Smiley LOL

Hopefully, the people at the Kiosk can help you faster. 

You could continue to use your Koodo SIM card until the port is completed (unless your due date is coming up soon).  Or you could activate a new Public mobile number and use that number until port is complete.  However, you will need active Koodo account to have number ported.  

Kaytee

Unfortunately I cant wait 2 days

@Kaytee 

To offer lower price plans, Public mobile does not have a call center or live agent.  There is no phone number or live chat that regular customers like ourselves can access. 

You will need to private message moderator via the community forum.  Unfortunately, the wait times are 1-2 days.  If this model of customer service is not for you, you may want to stick with Koodo.  

Kaytee

I been sitting at a Public Mobile kiosk

for 2 hours - we need a human 

Kaytee

I need a phone number for a human

@Kaytee 

Is your Koodo account prepaid?  If so, you will need moderator help to complete port.  Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile share the same backend, so this port can't be completed via self service account.  Expect 1-2 day wait for moderator response.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kaytee

Hello??

Kaytee

I just activated new account and it won’t let me port my old number from Koodo 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kaytee 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

Can you provide more details?  What have you done? tried?  More information will help the community forum member determine what the next step should be......

Need Help? Let's chat.