Having trouble activate my sim and transfer my number

tinakwok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having trouble activate my sim and transfer my number

11 REPLIES 11

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tinakwok wrote:

i bought my sim card from amazon, and just recevied it today.  So does that mean I get a new number during the activation first? then transfer the number afterward?  thanks.

Yes - get a new temporary number. Make sure everything is working with the temp number, then transfer over (port) your current number. 

tinakwok

good to know, I will try again in another 50 mins.  Thanks for your help! I'm a newbie here =P

GR
Mayor / Maire

@tinakwok yes pick a new number when activating and after you pop in the Sim in the phone and confirm everything works then log back in the account and click change number and port your old number  

@tinakwokIt doesn't matter where you buy the card from. I recommend getting a temporary number first.. then port the number once you have access to selfserve. That way you can be sure you all the services are working (sometimes they dont).. before you initiate the port. If you read the threads, it is one of the usual problems..

But it depends have Public Mobile charged you for your new account yet?

However do think about this forum as the hospital.. everyone here have issues to Public Mobile.. that's why they are here.

tinakwok

i bought my sim card from amazon, and just recevied it today.  So does that mean I get a new number during the activation first? then transfer the number afterward?  thanks.

@tinakwokI would suggest focus on the activation part first.. because if you can't get the SIM card to work and your porting has gone through.. then means you cannot use your old number until you get it fixed by the moderators. Check your credit card statement, if it has been charged you probably have to wait for the moderators.

Oh the activation website is always bogged down during business hours.. you might want to try afterhours.

Then all you can do is wait. Can you check if your SIM has been activated? Have any $ been charged to your credit card (if you use a credit card?).

I recommend seperating the activating and porting into 2 steps.. because there is a probability that activating might not work properly.

tinakwok

my number is not even transfered.  it said error while i was trying doing it.

tinakwok

It has error while i'm transfering my number, then I tried again. But it said my sim is on another session, and tell me to try again in another 50 mins.  

zBond_21

What kind of phone are you using the new sim card in, and how much time has passed since you tried to transfer your number?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tinakwokCan you elaborate what kind of trouble you are having?

Need Help? Let's chat.