cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to wait to port number

kbozman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up a new account.  Choose a new number (because it told me too since I'm with Koodo). It said to send a moderator private message to get my number ported over and that it would only take 2 hours. But on the community it says 2-3 days response time.  

I get the no customer service but that's crazy.  Is the response time really going to be 3 days before I can use my new SIM?!?

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kbozman wrote:

I set up a new account.  Choose a new number (because it told me too since I'm with Koodo). It said to send a moderator private message to get my number ported over and that it would only take 2 hours. But on the community it says 2-3 days response time.  

I get the no customer service but that's crazy.  Is the response time really going to be 3 days before I can use my new SIM?!?

Porting will probably be quick but no telling how long moderators will take to reply. It could be 5 minutes, it could be 5 days.  They have been getting slow because of customers having payment problems.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kbozman wrote:

@kbozman Unfortunately it can take days for moderator to respond. Just include your account#, name on account and phone number when messaging the moderator. The good news is that you can continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete at which point you can start using you PM sim. So downtime is minimized.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kbozmanI assume you are using Koodo Prepaid.. the process takes 2 - 3 hours.. however to access a moderator who would do the process for you can take up to 48 hours. But hey you should be saving a few bucks compared with your koodo plan.

You should be able to use your new SIM now to dial out.. just dialing in is the issue... so in theory you have service.

Need Help? Let's chat.