cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some issues upgrading my account

Starchild
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m new to public mobile and was on the 15 dollar plan this month. My plan was supposed to renew on Dec 7th but I ran out of minutes, so I decided to switch to the 25 dollar plan.

I went to my self serve account, pushed change plan, pushed on 25 dollar plan, and then pushed on “top up your account “ because the only other option was waiting until dec 7th which I didn’t want, I wanted it to be applied now. 
But it hasn’t been, after I did that it said I have 25 dollars in my balance. 
But it says I still have the 15 dollar plan with 97 minutes used up out of 100 LOL. 

So I’m not sure what to do now

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Starchild 

Yes, that's certainly your best bet instead of waiting til renewal on December 7, or alternatively 'losing out' on the remaining time left in the $15 plan by changing to the $25 plan now.

So, make SURE to cancel any outstanding plan change 1st.

Then make sure there's sufficient funds added on the account to place the add-on of 500 minutes for $5.  You can then take the next 2 weeks to see how fast you burn through the 500 minutes before deciding whether to switch plans, or simply add-on once and awhile when needed.

@Starchild next time when changing plans, always top up your account before you select a plan. public mobiles system doesnt handle the plan change procedure very well...

in your self serve account select "make a payment" and manually top up your account in the amount of the plan you would like to change too.

*when paying make sure to choose "other, enter the desired amount" do not choose "amount due" 

@Starchild wrote:

Oh I see well maybe I’ll try that first and see how fast I use them up lol 

Buying an add on is a 2 step process:

1. Add funds to your account

2. Buy the add on

Starchild

Oh I see well maybe I’ll try that first and see how fast I use them up lol 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starchild 

The add-ons aren't re-buy. You buy them once and then consume the features over time. So those minutes will just hang around until you might need them. Then when you renew your plan, you will return to your plan minutes.

Starchild

I’m not sure how to quote comments here lol 

Yes I did think about the 5 dollar add on, that’d be 20 bucks. Or 10 more dollars for unlimited minutes, that’s a way better deal. 

Well, I ran out of minutes while trying my best not to lol like I was really limiting my outgoing calls and having ppl call me back instead. So I’m pretty sure I could easily exceed 700 minutes a month. Never realized how much i talk lol.
So I’d rather go unlimited and not worry about it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starchild wrote:

Thanks but how do I cancel it? 

Go back in to Change plan and click cancel plan change lower down on the right side.

Starchild

Thanks but how do I cancel it? 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Starchild 

Have you considered buying the 500 minute add on for $5. The unused minutes roll over each cycle until used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starchild 

Or, get the $5 500 minute add-on. A great bargain for the limited minute plans.

@Starchild wrote:

I’m new to public mobile and was on the 15 dollar plan this month. My plan was supposed to renew on Dec 7th but I ran out of minutes, so I decided to switch to the 25 dollar plan.

I went to my self serve account, pushed change plan, pushed on 25 dollar plan, and then pushed on “top up your account “ because the only other option was waiting until dec 7th which I didn’t want, I wanted it to be applied now. 
But it hasn’t been, after I did that it said I have 25 dollars in my balance. 
But it says I still have the 15 dollar plan with 97 minutes used up out of 100 LOL. 

So I’m not sure what to do now

As the funds are still in your available account balance, this means that the option to change the plan at renewal time may have been selected by mistake. Go back and cancel/remove any scheduled plan changed and try again to have the change happen immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.