cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven’t received SIM card

Toby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought SIM card online on March 9,2020 and was told item was shipped out on March 10. I haven’t received it almost 10 days.

10 REPLIES 10

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  thanks for this.

What do you recommend for future inquiries?

Do we just say "check your shipment processed/order email. The Carrier and tracking number should be included. If you're not able to locate email contact moderators.

That ok or do you guys have a preferred response?  

I can tell you that Canada Post Xpresspost is still be used in some cases (confirmed with some of the other Oracles). I also usually have them come to me by Xpresspost as well. It's just that in my most recent dealings, it came as Canada Post lettermail.  If a sim card gets sent by Xpresspost, tracking my using the order number as a Canada Post reference number should still work.  My experience over the years has been that Public Mobile usually does not provide tracking information or instructions in the shipment e-mail confirmation.

I can't speak of the official policy if a customer claims that a sim card wasn't received, but I will say that I don't believe that it would be worth the time for the shipping company and Public Mobile to look for a shipment that has not arrived. I also suspect that even if tracking shows the sim card as delivered, that Public Mobile's moderators 

may take the customer's word for it since it's such an inexpensive item.

@computergeek541  thanks for this.

What do you recommend for future inquiries?

Do we just say "check your shipment processed/order email. The Carrier and tracking number should be included. If you're not able to locate email contact moderators.

That ok or do you guys have a preferred response?  

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541 

The "order number" when they place the order and buy the sim is the Canada Post Tracking number...if PM sent it by Canada Post.

Has this changed? That the order number can no longer be used to track via Canada Post?

It was. Enter order number ...a box will pop up saying. "One or more postal codes are associated with this shipment. Please enter the destination postal code to track your package"

Is that still the same?

Yes, this has changed, but not for everyone. I received some sim cards from Public Mobile and the tracking at caandapost.ca did not work by using the order number as reference. In fact, it pulled up a shipment (from a different company) that was delivery to someone else in a different city. My sim cards came in an envelope without a tracking number and were sent using lettermail (which can't be tracked).

@computergeek541 

The "order number" when they place the order and buy the sim is the Canada Post Tracking number...if PM sent it by Canada Post.

Has this changed? That the order number can no longer be used to track via Canada Post?

It was. Enter order number ...a box will pop up saying. "One or more postal codes are associated with this shipment. Please enter the destination postal code to track your package"

Is that still the same?

And yes for shipping by other carrier's. I've seen one when the person posted a screenshot of their order email. It was listed. Your shipment has been shipped via "name*... Tracking number 49xxxxxzizo" click link below to track your package. 

Maybe PM can give us some clarification on who they ship with now....

@Jb456 wrote:

Check your email for the order number that is your tracking number with the shipping company.

Normally it's Canada Post so put the tracking number in their website.

However lately they have been shipping from other shippers as well..so check your email for your order placed as it should say in the email who it was shipped by.

I've seen a few messages from other members who were given tracking numbers from other carriers for sim card shipments. I can also confirm that some shipments are being sent by Canada Post without any tracking.

Pugs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I were you, id just buy one at the mobile shop and skip the wait... They have to sell you a sim card. And whats 10 bucks when you're saving a lot every month.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I bought mine through amazon, came super fast within a couple of days...cheaper too.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Use Canada Post Tracking feature.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Toby  your PM email order nunber is your Canda post tracking number. Check it. To get a new SIM.  Contact the moderators directly through private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check your email for the order number that is your tracking number with the shipping company.

Normally it's Canada Post so put the tracking number in their website.

However lately they have been shipping from other shippers as well..so check your email for your order placed as it should say in the email who it was shipped by.

Need Help? Let's chat.