cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have not been given a PIN in store. Account has been created by salesperson and cannot access it.

Munchkin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Please forgive the disturbance. This may be a bit of an atypical situation. I visited a boot listed by Public Mobile as a service provider. There, I purchased a SIM card. The salesmen did the complete process of signing up for me. He had me write down all my personal information, from address to birthday in a booklet that contained hundreds of other such addresses. And then they typed the data into their computer, probably creating me an account but forgetting to tell me what the password was. Or my PIN.

Here I am, unable to access my account since I do not know the password. When I click on "Forgot Password" and type in my e-mail address, Public Mobile says: "Sorry, unable to verify your information. Try again." Public Mobile did send me a welcome message on my email, however. When I try to create a new account (assuming no account was actually created), Public Mobile tells me an account was already created and that I should refer to "Forgot Password."

I cannot open a moderator ticket because I was not given all the information, such as account number, and cannot access my account to register for autopay and thus use credit card data as identifier.

The obvious solution would be to go back to the boot and ask for all that missing information. And I would do so if one of the salesmen did not start sending me overly friendly texts though I did not give him my new phone number willingly, which puts me very ill at ease and causes me anxiety.

7 REPLIES 7

Munchkin

@Munchkin nice to hear you got your PIN.  You should also receive an email from Public Mobile with your activation details and saying

• Write down your 4-digit PIN and keep it in a safe place. You created this PIN when you activated and may need it to make changes to your account.

Welcome and cheers! 

Thank you so much for all your kindness and patience with me. This is such a great community! Everyone is so eager to help, whether inside a post or in private messaging. You are absolutely right about someone coming to give me a 10$-off coupon as a lovely "hey there".

Public Mobile has been having a lot of promotions popping out everywhere. It is very exciting. I've had a few of my friends switch from their providers to Public Mobile just in, I would say, the last three-four days. It is gaining in popularity quickly.

And no wonder, my problem got solved in less than half an hour and easy like "bonjour"!

@Munchkin wrote:

Thank you very much for your kind reply. You helped me a lot to understand what that one text message I received meant! It was indeed my PIN.

You are very kind!

@Munchkin nice to hear you got your PIN.  You should also receive an email from Public Mobile with your activation details and saying

• Write down your 4-digit PIN and keep it in a safe place. You created this PIN when you activated and may need it to make changes to your account.

Welcome and cheers! 

Munchkin

Thank you very much for your kind reply. You helped me a lot to understand what that one text message I received meant! It was indeed my PIN.

You are very kind!

Munchkin

I am so, so sorry! English is not my mother tongue. I think I did not express myself well! I did not mean that Public Mobile scammed me! But rather that I got tricked by that one salesperson who used my phone number to contact me out of work. Oh, God, I am so bad at this. I did not mean to hurt anyone.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Munchkin wrote:

Hello,

Please forgive the disturbance. This may be a bit of an atypical situation. I visited a boot listed by Public Mobile as a service provider. There, I purchased a SIM card. The salesmen did the complete process of signing up for me. He had me write down all my personal information, from address to birthday in a booklet that contained hundreds of other such addresses. And then they typed the data into their computer, probably creating me an account but forgetting to tell me what the password was. Or my PIN.

Here I am, unable to access my account since I do not know the password. When I click on "Forgot Password" and type in my e-mail address, Public Mobile says: "Sorry, unable to verify your information. Try again." Public Mobile did send me a welcome message on my email, however. When I try to create a new account (assuming no account was actually created), Public Mobile tells me an account was already created and that I should refer to "Forgot Password."

I cannot open a moderator ticket because I was not given all the information, such as account number, and cannot access my account to register for autopay and thus use credit card data as identifier.

The obvious solution would be to go back to the boot and ask for all that missing information. And I would do so if one of the salesmen did not start sending me overly friendly texts though I did not give him my new phone number willingly, which puts me very ill at ease and causes me anxiety.

I am in a situation where I need a cheap, reliable phone provider. I don't think there is an actual solution to my problem besides accepting I got scammed out of 30$ and redo the process over again at another boot, hoping for the best since I really need the service fast. Does someone have a better solution?

Hi @Munchkin cute name!  Did you buy your $30 Plan today????   If yes, that Plan expired today .. here is the announcement 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Plan-35-for-2GB/td-p/594412

That's the bad news.  The good news is the moderators might give you that excellent $30 Plan which is now $35.  plus if you get a referral code (I'm sure you are already bombarded by messages giving their referral codes LOL) you get $10 referral credit to be used on your next renewal.  I said might... give it a try.  I hope you kept the receipt.

First, activate your sim here, if you haven't.  You will be asked during activation for your chosen PIN number.  A confirmation email will be sent to your saying this 

and details of your activation.

If you need more help, just let us know.  Good luck!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Munchkin  Click below to create your account:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

For the PIN you need to submit a ticket. I would also go back to the location and ask them to shred the page with your personal information for your protection.

@Munchkin wrote:

Hello,

The salesperson doesn't know the PIN when doing an in-store activation for you. The account PIN is sent to the customer via text message.  The salesperson shouldn't have even created a self serve account, but if the person did, open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and type "forgot security question".

[Solution highlighted ...... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.