cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have a maxwest vice 3g flip phone and can't get mms working

I have a Midwest vice 3g flip phone and

Have tried to get the mms working. I had no trouble on my other phone ,lg. Any suggestions posted on here I have tried. The phone recognizes that there is an mms but get an error when trying to download....  Thank you in advance for help

Oracle

Re: Have a maxwest vice 3g flip phone and can't get mms working

MMs require a data connection (even if you do not have data plan)  have you checked the apn setting, is that posssible on that phone? 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@redorian965 wrote:

I have a Midwest vice 3g flip phone and

Have tried to get the mms working. I had no trouble on my other phone ,lg. Any suggestions posted on here I have tried. The phone recognizes that there is an mms but get an error when trying to download....  Thank you in advance for help

Mms receipt is dependent on APN settings. There is also a setting in some message apps to enable and disable auto MMS message receipt.  Some general APN information 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

I tried the website and that was helpful for my smartphone  but the flip phone is a little more basic. I can set the APN but it only gives me a gateway and a port and set homepage as well as turn on GPRS service and network selection   I have inputted all the same information for the smartphone  but still not downloading any MMS

I have a data plan... the phone us able to access the internet. It us not an Android software flip phone tho.  Texting is not a problem the phone knows an mms is there just can't download it...

Hi there... the phone is not a smartphone.  My husband just can not get the sliding to answer the phone so had to get him a 3g basic flip phone.