cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a maxwest vice 3g flip phone and can't get mms working

redorian965
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Midwest vice 3g flip phone and

Have tried to get the mms working. I had no trouble on my other phone ,lg. Any suggestions posted on here I have tried. The phone recognizes that there is an mms but get an error when trying to download....  Thank you in advance for help

6 REPLIES 6

redorian965

I Finally figured out how to get pictures on the Maxwest Vice 3g flip phone.  Since this phone does not have Android , I figured out you have to do a 2 part process. 

1. Go to settings

Then go to connections

Next enter on network account

You need to scroll down one and enter then enter the following

Name...  mms

Access point...... sp.mb.com

Gateway........ 74.49.0.18

Port......... 80

Set homepage..... https://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mms

Then you need to go to message and scroll down to voice mail server and press options . Then select settings. Up at the top you'll see sms, mms, push message.  Select mms.

On SIM 1 press enter and now select the mms account you just set up

Then there you go.... should now be able to send and receive  MMS.

redorian965

Hi there... the phone is not a smartphone.  My husband just can not get the sliding to answer the phone so had to get him a 3g basic flip phone.

redorian965

I have a data plan... the phone us able to access the internet. It us not an Android software flip phone tho.  Texting is not a problem the phone knows an mms is there just can't download it...

redorian965

I tried the website and that was helpful for my smartphone  but the flip phone is a little more basic. I can set the APN but it only gives me a gateway and a port and set homepage as well as turn on GPRS service and network selection   I have inputted all the same information for the smartphone  but still not downloading any MMS

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@redorian965 wrote:

I have a Midwest vice 3g flip phone and

Have tried to get the mms working. I had no trouble on my other phone ,lg. Any suggestions posted on here I have tried. The phone recognizes that there is an mms but get an error when trying to download....  Thank you in advance for help

Mms receipt is dependent on APN settings. There is also a setting in some message apps to enable and disable auto MMS message receipt.  Some general APN information 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

MMs require a data connection (even if you do not have data plan)  have you checked the apn setting, is that posssible on that phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.