cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a Vancouver number in Edmonton

Scarybear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on Koodo with a Vancouver number. 604

I moved to Edmonton Ab and kept the number (because Canada wide calling is a thing.)

I'd like to switch to PM - will there be any issues with this transfer because of this? My Koodo billing address is set to Edmonton as well - so no issues there. 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Scarybear  Not an issue. If you are a Koodo postpaid customer you can setup your number port during activation. For Koodo prepaid you would need to activate with a temporary number and then submit a ticket to get your Koodo number ported in.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Scarybear 

No problem to use your Vancouver 604 number with PM.

PM charges sales tax according to your phone number area code 604 at 12% BC HST. 

If you setup autopay, you will get $2 autopay credit every 30 days cycle.

You have 3 choices:

1.  Let PM take money from your autpay cc and your will be paying 12% BC HST.

2.  You can buy PM topup voucher at Edmonton retails store and pay 5% GST.  You can add fund to your account using topup vouchers and still get the $2 autopay credit as long as your autopay is enabled even no money is taking out form your autopay credit card. 

3.  Get a new AB phone number and pay 5% GST when using autopay cc.

As said by @ShawnC13 you can keep the number.

If it's post paid Koodo you can port the number during activation. If it's prepaid select a temp number at signup. After signing up click the question mark on bottom right to open the chat bot. Type "port request" and follow the prompts.

Do t forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Scarybear wrote:

I'm on Koodo with a Vancouver number. 604

I moved to Edmonton Ab and kept the number (because Canada wide calling is a thing.)

I'd like to switch to PM - will there be any issues with this transfer because of this? My Koodo billing address is set to Edmonton as well - so no issues there. 

Thanks! 

You will be able to port in your current number.  Calling won't be an issue but any Alberta landlines or provincial only plans will need to call you long distance as you have a BC number.  As well you will still be paying a Provincial Sales Tax if you keep the BC number but wouldn't if you had an Alberta number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.