cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I PORT MY OLD NUMBER FROM KOODO MOBILE ???

Amarachukwu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I am new to public mobile and i really need help with porting my old number from koodo.

Best wishes,

Amara.

16 REPLIES 16

Don't forget to lock into Koodo and download all your bills you will lose access to the account if the balance is 0. If not you will have very limited access and won't be able to make changes. If you have any days left they will prorate and send you a check so check if your mail address is up to date. And I would advise to remove credit card info just in case, they will not try to charge but errors may happen. They will email you a survey too, if you have time respond honestly, after that they won't bug you unless they have a good deal to offer

Welcome to pm

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Amarachukwu wrote:

it's a post paid plan 

With postpaid you can do it through selfserve.

Just go under Plans and Addons > Change Phone Number

All you’ll need is your previous phone number, your Koodo Account Number and the Account Holder name. Follow the steps on screen and you should be golden. For me, porting from Koodo was instant but it can take 2 hours or more.

Note: Make sure your Koodo account is still active as it needs to be active for the port to go through.

If all goes well from Koodo postpaid to public mobile should only take 30 minutes max.  Just follow the instructions and only click once and wait while the page is loading! 

Amarachukwu

I followed this link and I was able to do it successfully, thanks.

@Amarachukwu just set up your self servr account and you can do it yourself  change number  under my profile

@Amarachukwu wrote:

it's a post paid plan

@Amarachukwu  Perfect see above Smiley Happy 

Amarachukwu

it's a post paid plan 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Amarachukwu wrote:

Hey,

I am new to public mobile and i really need help with porting my old number from koodo.

Best wishes,

Amara.

@Amarachukwu  If your Koodo was a post paid plan then to port your Koodo phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Select to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.  Enter you Koodo account number, name on account and phone number and away you go.

If your koodo is a prepaid account then you need to contact the moderator team. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message conatining your Koodo account number, name on the account and phone number and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Amarachukwu so is it a pre paid plan or a post paid plan?

Amarachukwu

yes please, I do

@Amarachukwu ok so do you need help with porting?

Amarachukwu

yes, I signed up already

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Amarachukwu have you signed up yet ?if not you can do it your self if it's post paid but if its a pre paid plan you will need a moderators assistance  here

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Amarachukwu wrote:

Hey,

Best wishes,

Amara.

With Koodo it depends.

Are you on a Postpaid or Prepaid plan with Koodo?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Before we can help, are you on a prepaid plan with koodo?

Need Help? Let's chat.