cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

coralleeschober
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seriously, how do I contact someone? I received a sim card yesterday and when I try to activate is says the number is invalid. The bot does not help nor will the chat.

I also keep getting locked out of my account and have to constantly reset my password.

Why is this so difficult?  How do I return this sim card and get a new one? how do I activate this card? How do I speak with a human being?

38 REPLIES 38

@Charlesrose123 

How does this relate to the question?

Charlesrose123

You can switch through self serve but can not get a refund

coralleeschober

Thank you working on that now.

@coralleeschober  Have you heard back from the moderators? It does sound like you may have gotten a faulty sim card. Where did you purchase your sim from? If you can return it for a replacement  Have the moderators set up your account so you can change sim cards in store  to ensure it works.

tsteeb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just activated my SIM a few days ago and I had the same issue. I had to type in all my information and resubmit the form at least 4 times before it said my SIM was valid. It was frustrating but I just kept trying. Hope you get it working!

@coralleeschober it could be 2 things. either your phone is causing the problem or the sim. you could have a defective sim card. have you tried @gblackmas troubleshooting? is your iPhone updated to the most current software? 

What is frustrating is your definition of your problem. 

Did the SIM show as invalid during the account set up as you inferred?

Or did you successfully do an account set up? And then tried to use the SIM and now your phone is saying the SIM is invalid??

@coralleeschober wrote:

I bought the SIM card through Public.

They've managed to charge my credit card for my monthly fee but I can't access my account or my phone. I've tried inserting the SIM card into a TELUS phone and it does not work. Working on having the other phone unlocked from Bell (not even sure it's locked) but if the sim card doesn't work in a TELUS phone it's unlikely to worked in an unlocked bell  phone. Kind of frustrating, I've been at this for 2 days now.

@coralleeschober  Sound like you account did not provision properly. The only way to fix it is to submit a ticket to Public Mobile and ask them to reset your account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

coralleeschober

I bought the SIM card through Public.

They've managed to charge my credit card for my monthly fee but I can't access my account or my phone. I've tried inserting the SIM card into a TELUS phone and it does not work. Working on having the other phone unlocked from Bell (not even sure it's locked) but if the sim card doesn't work in a TELUS phone it's unlikely to worked in an unlocked bell  phone. Kind of frustrating, I've been at this for 2 days now.

“IF” your iPhone is unlocked you can confirm by doing this FULL restore process below. Make sure you back up the phone first. The last screen on this process will say “Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked”.

If the latter message does NOT show then contact the original carrier that sold the phone and then request  a free unlock.  You will require the phone, a sync/charge cable, and a computer with iTunes installed. 

Restore your iOS device in iTunes on Mac

You can use iTunes to reinstall the software on your device and restore it to its default settings. You might need to do this if you’re having problems with the device (for example, if it freezes or crashes frequently) of if you’re getting ready to sell or give away your device.

Important: Restoring iOS software on iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad deletes all your information and settings. However, iTunes backs up your device before restoring it, so you can use the backup to restore your device to how it was when you last used it.

1. Connect your device to your computer.

2. In the iTunes app

LurganIeUk_0-1588959710612.png

on your Mac, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.

LurganIeUk_1-1588959710700.png

3. Click Summary.

LurganIeUk_2-1588959710755.png

4. Click Restore, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Restoring iOS software on your iOS device deletes all your information and settings, but doesn’t erase it. Deleted information can’t be accessed through the device’s controls, but it remains on your device. To find out more about erasing all content and settings, see the Apple Support article What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you’ve enabled Find My iPhone, Activation Lock is on. You need to turn off Activation Lock before the new owner can activate iPhone under their own account. For information about turning off Activation Lock, see the topic in iCloud Help Activation Lock in Find My iPhone or the Apple Support article Find My iPhone Activation Lock.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@coralleeschober wrote:

Seriously, how do I contact someone? I received a sim card yesterday and when I try to activate is says the number is invalid. The bot does not help nor will the chat.

I also keep getting locked out of my account and have to constantly reset my password.

Why is this so difficult?  How do I return this sim card and get a new one? how do I activate this card? How do I speak with a human being?

Carefully re enter the SIM numbers. Double check and triple check. 

Who did you buy the SIM from.....I have a hunch. 

@coralleeschober Did you try the ITunes method that I suggested earlier? Thanks.

@coralleeschober wrote:

I tried inserting the card into a TELUS phone. It says "No SIM".

In your first message, you said you "received" the sim...where did you get it from ? Just wanna make sure it isn't a dead sim card you got from a friend.

@coralleeschober wrote:

@coralleeschober  It's possible that your phone is not making good contact with the sim. Try cleaning the sim with an eraser. Check the tray to make sure it's not damaged maybe add a piece of tape to the back of the card for better contact.

coralleeschober

@coralleeschober wrote:

Hi

When trying to activate my sim card I kept getting invalid card#

Managed to get through to the payment stage after multiple attempts. My credit card has been charged. I've inserted the sim card. Phone says no SIM

I've tried activating using the number we selected yesterday. The system is trying to text the phone however the phone is not receiving text messages.

@coralleeschober  Try the sim in another phone to eliminate a phone issue. Is your phone locked to your previous provider? If yes, you need to call them and get it unlocked.

@coralleeschober wrote:
  1. Are you getting an error when entering your credit card details?

No saying invalid sim card#

@coralleeschober  When you tried activating your card for the very first time did it error out?

If yes, where did it error out? CC info or porting request?

If you got the invalid sim error the very first time you tried activating the card then that card has been previously activated, ( not allowed) or the sim number was incorrectly entered.

coralleeschober

Thank you will try that.

coralleeschober

Hi

When trying to activate my sim card I kept getting invalid card#

Managed to get through to the payment stage after multiple attempts. My credit card has been charged. I've inserted the sim card. Phone says no SIM

I've tried activating using the number we selected yesterday. The system is trying to text the phone however the phone is not receiving text messages.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@coralleeschober  also don't continue trying to register the sim card. It's already been registered since you were charged. 

That is the reason it keeps telling you that it's invalid

@coralleeschober 

Thanks for replying.

So on the iPhone 6- does it say any type of message on your phone at all?

Is the phone unlocked? It might not be as they came out before the new rule that all phones ha e to be unlocked.

If this is the case you will have to contact the provider that you got the phone from be it Fido, Rogers, bell, etc . And request the unlock code...for iPhones..they send the unlock directly to your device. No actual code give that you type in. It's free.

Once they send the code you have to reboot the phone and see if it connects to public mobile. If it does not plug phone into iTunes and see if it finalizes the unlock.

coralleeschober

No saying invalid sim card#

1. Are you getting an error when you are trying to port your number? No new number not porting

If #1 then insert your sim in your device and if it connects to PM then click here to register your selfserve account. If it, doesn't connect to the network then wait an hour and try the activation again.

If #2 and you are trying to port in your number from Koodo prepaid then just select a temp number and complete the activation. Once done, submit a ticket to PM with your Koodo account#, name on the account and phone number and ask them to complete the port.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@coralleeschober Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If that doesn't work try a network reset.

to reset the network settings on my Apple iPhone
  1. Touch Settings.
  2. Touch General.
  3. Scroll to and touch Reset.
  4. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  5. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  6. The iPhone will reboot. Once it turns on, the default network settings will be restored.

Restart the phone.  Once the phone works. Finish setting up your self service account. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

@coralleeschober wrote:

Yeah been there done that they told me to come here.

@coralleeschober  A couple questions:

2. Are you getting an error when you are trying to port your number?

If #1 then insert your sim in your device and if it connects to PM then click here to register your selfserve account. If it, doesn't connect to the network then wait an hour and try the activation again.

If #2 and you are trying to port in your number from Koodo prepaid then just select a temp number and complete the activation. Once done, submit a ticket to PM with your Koodo account#, name on the account and phone number and ask them to complete the port.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

coralleeschober

1. - how far did you get to through the activation? 

I've tried multiple times yesterday and got to various stages.

2- Did you get to where you make a payment?

Yes

2.1- If yes, was your credit card charged?

Just checked and yes my card was charged $16.95 ($15 plan)

2.2- if no, you have to wait one hour clear history and cookie cache try again. Best to try in incognito mode.

2.3- If you were charged. Put sim card in and see if anything works. Let us know. Text in/out, calls, data.

Phone says No SIM card

3-Are you porting a number from another provider?? Or is it a new number?

New number

4- you said you keep getting locked out of your account. It only creates your account after sim is activated. So is it activated?

I believe so ... I created an account when I bought the sim card.

5- If you were charged and self serve Account was not created by system. Try manually creating one via link below?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

This does not work as it's trying to text me and the phone is not receiving texts

6- make and model of phone

Iphone 6S

@coralleeschober hi if you are trying to sign up a new account here is the link for a live chat  they can help https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

@coralleeschober 

If you're trying to activate a new account. The system does not create an account for you until the card is activated. You said you keep getting locked out of your account and card tells you invalid. So can we get more details to figure out your issue?

1- how far did you get to through the activation? 

2- Did you get to where you make a payment?

2.1- If yes, was your credit card charged?

2.2- if no, you have to wait one hour clear history and cookie cache try again. Best to try in incognito mode.

2.3- If you were charged. Put sim card in and see if anything works. Let us know. Text in/out, calls, data.

3-Are you porting a number from another provider?? Or is it a new number?

4- you said you keep getting locked out of your account. It only creates your account after sim is activated. So is it activated?

5- If you were charged and self serve Account was not created by system. Try manually creating one via link below?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

6- make and model of phone

Please answer in detail so we can assist you and help resolve your problem. Thanks.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coralleeschoberthat was just simon the chatbot.

As others posted, you can use simon the chatbot to contact moderators.

Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you aborted a previous attempt to activate your sim card, it could still be locked and you'll be able to try again after 1 hour.

Which account do you keep getting locked out of? If you already created a self serve account, this means your activation should have worked.

coralleeschober

Yeah been there done that they told me to come here.

@coralleeschober wrote:

I'm trying to activate a new sim card

If you are really having trouble with this the best thing to do is contact the Mods, I have heard in my short time here plenty of people that were able to get it figured out by direction of the mods. 

Contact them directly through this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or As @JoyLuck pointed out through the new chat service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.