cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

Davesnothere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why cant people get in touch with costumer service person when you are having trouble with a service that you pay for ? I have been trying for over 1 hour to get help and have had no luck finding a link to help when you click the help button would realy be nice if there was help there Like a person to chat with ! When you *611 with your phone on your network  you cant even get help  to fix your phone . I cant make long distance calls and my account is paid always so it is not that cousing it this has happen more then once what is going on ? please  need the phone to work when i need to call   

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Davesnothere  where are you trying to call to, and what plan do you have?   the answers will help guide you to a possible solution rather than trying  eveything but the kitchen sink.

you mentioned long distance not working,  if you are trying to call the USA or iternationaly you need the long distance addon.   either $8/200 minutes usa/canada or $15/400 mins 16 countries.

also if you misdial a number you eually get an error saying talk is not included or someting similar. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

There is no live service. Everything is done through the moderators. Most customers signed up under that condition. For that, we get cheap prices and reward discounts. Some longer term customers signed up when there was a call centre but that is no longer. Public says to wait 48 hours for response.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you been into your self serve account? Check the Overview Page. If you are on a $10 or $15 plan, check to see if you have minutes left. If there is no, minutes line, you have used all your minutes. If this is the case, simply purchase the $5 for 500 minutes add on and you'll be back in business.

minutes.PNG

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Davesnothere wrote:

Why cant people get in touch with costumer service person when you are having trouble with a service that you pay for ? I have been trying for over 1 hour to get help and have had no luck finding a link to help when you click the help button would realy be nice if there was help there Like a person to chat with ! When you *611 with your phone on your network  you cant even get help  to fix your phone . I cant make long distance calls and my account is paid always so it is not that cousing it this has happen more then once what is going on ? please  need the phone to work when i need to call   

Log into My Account...does your plan show as Active or something else ? When is your next renewal date ?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Davesnothere wrote:

@Davesnothere  When you call *611 if the IVR system is not reporting you account as suspended and your plan includes Canada wide calling then you should be able to make a call across Canada. Just add 1 in front of the number and try calling it directly (not from your contacts). Also make sure you have the correct number because sometimes if you have an incorrect area code and/or number you will get that message.

Hope this helps!.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Davesnothere wrote:

PM does not have call center.  Support is done by sending a private message to moderator of this forum.  Moderator wait tiem is 2 - 3 days.

Which plan do you have?

Have you try adding 1 in front of phone number?

You may try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your account.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Davesnothere wrote:

@Davesnothere  Because support is all online here. This is a 3rd tier provider. You pay less because they don't spend so much money on paying for a call center. If you want that go up a tier to koodo.

I am happy about the way service is provided. To contact public mobile you message them by using this link .

However, if you need help 99% of the time the community members can help you solve your issue before the mods respond.

Read all the messages below, you will see a plethora of members that are not only willing but wanting to help you. We have the best support community of all the providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.