cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Can't receive call on new ported activation !

ayodejicharles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I don't know if anyone can help me, I just signed with a ported number from bell. I can make calls,send text and data is working but I can not receive calls, it keep going to voicemail. Please how do I solve this issue?

40 REPLIES 40

reproduction
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @imm1304

It's been more than 48 hour since I got a message "Success" after porting in the self-serve.

As a result:

- I can place calls - my newly ported in  # displayed;

- ported in # detected in iPhone settings;

- my old PM # not reachable anymore;

- in, out SMS, incoming calls do not work.

I contacted the team and they suggested me to wait 2 buisness days, which means I will try to reach them tomorrow.

Just sharing experience...

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @reproduction, welcome to PM!

Typically, the number shoud port within 30 minutes to 2 hours.  If its been more than a few hours, you will need the mods to resubmit the port request. So go ahead and send them the info needed to speed things up if you haven't already.  Meanwhile, you can continue to use the old sim card. It will stop working when the number port is complete. 

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would suggest you contact the @CS_Agent

Someone had the same issue too!

reproduction

Same issue, sent PM to @Moderator_Team 

Waouh!!! @CS_Agent very quick!!!! Thanks for your help!!!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @amac3716

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for the trouble. 

For assistance, please kindly send us a provide message using this link  https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k and we shall get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!

Can you explain what’s going on with your account @amac3716 ???

Your phone never was ok???

amac3716

Please help!

had PM for 2 weeks now, can’t receive calls, when I bought the SIM at London drug they lady used my old Virgin number but something is wrong and I can’t receive calls and London Drug won’t help fix the problem, I need a solution stat 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @ALFY_b,

Send a private message to @CS_Agent to get help.  

Hovering on the moderator team handle will give you an option to send a message to them, or you can click/tap on the link and then select the option to send a message.  

ALFY_b

i have same problem and when i click contact us it takes me to home page?

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Shazia_K
I still can't recieve calls or texts and it has been 3 days since i transferred my freedom account to pm. Need help asap cause i can't use my old sim and i need to use my phone

Mannie
I have also sent a PM to @Mary_M and @Saray_O

I still have access to my wind account.

It's been almost 12 hours

Thanks

Mannie
I sent you a PM

Mannie
Hi,

I am having the same problem.

I cannot receive inbound calls. I noticed that my wind mobile account still exists.

Data and texting is working.

Can you help? @Shazia_K

Glyof

@Shazia_K

Problem resolver. I can receive calls now. Thank you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Glyof

I'm really sorry about this! I did get a message from you but I haven't gotten there yet! 

Edit: port was refused because of the wrong pin/password provided, I did resubmit the port with the account # you sent me and it should complete shortly! 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Glyof

@Brooke_C,@Mary_M, @Saray_O@Shazia_K - guys, I'm getting desperate. I have exact same issue as @ayodejicharles after I've ported from WIND to Public Mobile. I have written email describing the issue and in addition to that I've sent private messages to all four of you. I still haven't received any reply. It's already the third day, that nobody can call me! 😞

vrance

Hi @youbme, congratulations.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And we're good! 🙂

I turned off my phone and went to logon to my Virgin mobile account (I still have my wife's number with them) and it took quite a bit longer than usual to get access to my Virgin account. Once I was on, it showed up as only her number, mine is gone. So, I turned on my phone and got the text message stating that the transfer was complete and now everything is in working order. I'm looking forward to moving our other line to PM soon.

Cheers!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ayodejicharles, I realize this is an older thread, but I'm curious if your situation was resolved.

I just activated and ported my number from Virgin Mobile - it has been about a half hour and the same symptoms. Calling out and data are working fine, but calls to my number are going to my old Virgin Mobile voicemail. I haven't tried to put the old SIM card back in - trying to be patient for at least another hour or so.

Other than that, I was impressed with how smooth the activation process went.

ayodejicharles

I guess I just have to keep waiting!

Chicklets

You can try but it might mess things up for the technician who's working on your case. Just give it alittle more time and I'm sure that they will figure it out.

ayodejicharles

Still can't receive incoming calls, PM support still not able to find out why or resolve issue. Was just wondering if getting a new sim will work?

ayodejicharles

@deltatux thanks I will sure try that again. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

deltatux

@ayodejicharles wrote:

Thank you all guys, u have all been a great help. I will just be patient I guess.

@ayodejicharles, another thing you can try is to shut off the phone for a minute or 2, like complete power down and then power the device back on. I had a similar incident when I ported an old number from Mobilicity to WIND back 3 years ago and had to do that for the port to go through properly. Doesn't hurt to try. If you want to be extra cautious, you can try powering it off for 5 minutes instead.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

ayodejicharles

Thank you all guys, u have all been a great help. I will just be patient I guess.

Put your Bell SIM back in; if your port is not complete you should still have Bell service. If you have lost Bell service then they have completed their portion of the port and it's hung up at PM. You will just need to be patient until PM responds to your email.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Try this: Insert the SIM card from the former carrier in order to make and receive calls.

During a normal porting which is underway, it is normal to make calls on the new carrier, but receive them on the soon-to-be former one.

Good luck!

ayodejicharles

I didn't activate with a temporary number unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.