cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got generic error and sim card is no longer valid

elainec10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi mods,

My name is elaine and I tried to activate my new sim and also transfer my Fido number just few minutes earlier but received the Generic Error "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic". I tried to activate it again but the same sim number would no longer work. My friend apparently already got the message of successfully referred a friend, does this mean my account has already been activated?

I cannot log in with the email regardless. I would love to know what I should do next.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@elainec10 if you can't create an account then contact customer support here

type "locked out of self serve"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "forgot my security questions" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@elainec10  perfect. Have a great day!

elainec10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That was a very good idea to check my card history, it was indeed charged and now it is working! Thank you so much for your help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@elainec10 wrote:

Hi mods,

My name is Wenjie and I tried to activate my new sim and also transfer my Fido number just few minutes earlier but received the Generic Error "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic". I tried to activate it again but the same sim number would no longer work. My friend apparently already got the message of successfully referred a friend, does this mean my account has already been activated?

I cannot log in with the email regardless. I would love to know what I should do next.

Thanks

@elainec10  Try the sim in your phone. Dial 611 is your account active? If yes, you are good to go. If not, then you need to wait for the session lock before trying the activation again.

@elainec10  This it the Public Mobile Community forum were current PM customers try to help resolve issues. In the future if you need to discuss an issue with a moderator (Public Mobile employee) you need to submit a ticket.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.