cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got charged but no email confirmation receipt?

MikePresman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I tried ordering a public mobile Triple Punch Sim card online. After attempting to do so I was met with "ZIP code does not match billing address" three times. After giving up I decided to check my bank statement online. Now I see that I HAVE been charged the amount ($11.30) for the triple punch sim card. But when I go to my inbox of my email I have no confirmation or any details of this order being processed.

Effectively my money was taken and I have no clue whether I will actually get the triple punch delivered or if public mobile will happily pocket my money.

Any help on this matter is appreciated.

Mike

19 REPLIES 19

.. that's why no one here would encourage ppl to order SIM from PM..

Amazon is the way to go .. if you have Prime .  LoL

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@MikePresman wrote:

Effectively my money was taken and I have no clue whether I will actually get the triple punch delivered or if public mobile will happily pocket my money.

Well, the good news is that even if you DID receive a confirmation, you would STILL have no idea if you will actually receive the SIM card or when!

AE_Collector

@MikePresman 

Did you get your phone before December 2017? Or possibly the first couple of months of 2018? If its newer than that you should be good.

MikePresman

Thank you, I have ordered the sim via amazon on a whim that it is unlocked (I already terminated contract but I have a feeling it is unlocked since it's a newer phone).

I appreciate your time !

@MikePresman  to check if phone is unlocked, you can try sim from any other provider than the one currently used on your phone.

If you put in the SIM, no message asking for an code, then you are good.  Of course, it will be better to make a call to confirm

in case it is locked.. I assume you got the phone from the carrier you are using on this phone now.  Call them for an unlock code before you close the account.  Although they have the obligation to provide you are code , but if you are not their current customer , usually they won't do it without a fight

MikePresman

Now I just have to figure out if my phone is unlocked I really never realized that was necessary till looking at the amazon posting now.

MikePresman

Thank you ! I will order via amazon since they seem to accept my address. 🙂

@MikePresman  do you have Prime membership?  Amazon has it for $5 and 2 days shipping for Prime members.

If not, as advised above, check local stores, they might give it to you for free if you activate with them.

@MikePresman 

Where are you located ? CCS dropped their price overnight to $4. 5 business days via canada post from Toronto to Vancouver but if you are closer to Toronto you can get it a day or two faster. Or often another member with a few spare sim cards in their drawer can help you out if you live in the same area.

MikePresman

This is what I'll probably try to do. My charge got reversed this morning and I can't keep playing these games with public mobile so I guess I'm not getting the sim card via online store.

@MikePresman if you really need it quick or decide not to wait, you might want to try to get it from local kiosk (Walmart/London Drug/Loblows, etc).  Some will give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.   

@MikePresman 

It can be a little hit and miss....I ask about the timing because the promocode for the extra 2gb of monthly plan data expires on June 30th. Use 2GBBONUS when activating on $35+plans and you keep it as long as you don't change your rate plan. There may be a flash sale announced on Friday...we are overdue for another third month free promotion.

MikePresman

oh wow. I need it at most 2.5weeks from now. Hopfully they will be able to do that.

@MikePresman 

You are not in a rush for your sim card are you? Shipping times can really vary taking 5 to 7 business up to 3 weeks. If you need a sim card before the end of the month amazon.ca has them on sale for $5 and free shipping if you are sn amazon prime member.

Alternatively Canadian Cell Supplies currently have them on sale for $4.99 with free shipping in 5 business days. You could always use the sim card you ordered from pm as a spare or to refer a friend.

modugnot

I understand! I felt the same!

MikePresman

Thank you ! I will wait 24-48 hours as recommended and then submit a ticket to escalate this if nothing comes of my wait. I appreciate your time.

MikePresman

Oh I see, I'm just use to instant email after purchase hence my confusion. Thanks for your insight !

modugnot

If you're a new customer, it may take 24 - 48 hours for the email to arrive. Mine took 48 hours to get the email confirmation after I was charged.

T.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MikePresman , I believe you will receive an email soon.

You can also confirm with mod about the success process of your order

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.