cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a sim but dont know the number and sim does not seem to be working

peterslove
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a sim but dont know the number and sim does not seem to be working. Can i get the number of customer service to resolve this please

26 REPLIES 26

@peterslove wrote:

initially, i was trying to port a particular number but was told by PM the number has been deactivated and i have to call my previous provider to activate it. When i called, i was told the number was not available anymore.

Which means you must've cancelled the service with your previous provider, because you can't port a number from a provider, unless the account that the number in question is assigned to, is still active.

Then i was called by PM and then a new number was assigned to me.

And based on what you said in a later post, you don't know that number!? You had a conversation with PM, and never got the number?

i was told everything ll work fine but when i tried, nothing was working. No connection

As others have already said, you obviously need to contact the Moderator team to get this resolved, but just for future reference, the detail you provided in the post I'm quoting, is what you should have started this thread with, so there wouldn't be a ton of posts asking more questions, and/or throwing out a bunch of pointless suggestions.

@peterslove  Go into your phone settings...network settings....are you connected to public mobile?

@peterslove wrote:

To create a self serve account, you need the phone number which i dont know

You must contact the moderators as suggested earlier. 

While you await their response, install TextNow app on your phone and you'll be able call/text while connected to wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

peterslove

To create a self serve account, you need the phone number which i dont know

@peterslove use this private message link to contact the moderators  directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them to reset your sim and to give you a temporary password to enable you to create your self-service account.

@peterslove wrote:

initially, i was trying to port a particular number but was told by PM the number has been deactivated and i have to call my previous provider to activate it. When i called, i was told the number was not available anymore. Then i was called by PM and then a new number was assigned to me. i was told everything ll work fine but when i tried, nothing was working. No connection

Is your phone unlocked?

peterslove

yeah, same email

peterslove

initially, i was trying to port a particular number but was told by PM the number has been deactivated and i have to call my previous provider to activate it. When i called, i was told the number was not available anymore. Then i was called by PM and then a new number was assigned to me. i was told everything ll work fine but when i tried, nothing was working. No connection

@peterslove  Try clearing your browser history,  going to private/incognito mode and try again to login to your self service account. 

@peterslove wrote:
I try to log on but it says
"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

so maybe email was not activated

Are you using the email from here when you activated? 

email.jpg

peterslove
I try to log on but it says
"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

so maybe email was not activated

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@peterslove ,

Try to log into your self serve account.

Once you log in  click > Plan & Add-ons

Check under "Phone Number" and which number is listed there.

If it is the new number they gave you after, then you should good.

Also, you need to make sure your phone is unlocked.

Are you getting no signal??

If you are still getting no signal 

You can also try the lost/stolen phone trick or manually loading $1 into account.

This trick resets your SIM/phone.

To report your phone lost/stolen.   

1. Login to your account.  
  2. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab.
  3. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  
  4. Then choose the Suspend Service tab.  Then Logout.
  5. Wait a few minutes and log back in and report your phone found. 
  6. Reboot phone.

If you are seeing your old number that you tried to port there. It could be that it errors out and you will need to submit a ticket to the mod team.

Follow the steps below:

To Submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterwards click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

Cheers

@peterslove  based on your last reply, did you change your SIM card from within your self service account? And could you check to see if the lost stolen feature is enabled. If it is, take it off and restart your phone. If it isn't, try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

@peterslove wrote:

i got a call from PM. Was told the number in the sim was changed but it still is not working

Is your phone unlocked?

peterslove

i got a call from PM. Was told the number in the sim was changed but it still is not working

ltopo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would recommend to get a new phone number instead, it would be a lot faster and less complicated.

@peterslove wrote:

the exact scenario is this; I was trying to transfer a number which i later learnt was not available. But then i was already home with my sim. Then i got a call from a customer service and they changed the number and told me everything is fine but i still could not use. it still was not working

@peterslove  First restart your phone and dial 611 is your plan activated. If yes, click here to register your selfserve account.

@peterslove wrote:

the exact scenario is this; I was trying to transfer a number which i later learnt was not available. But then i was already home with my sim. Then i got a call from a customer service and they changed the number and told me everything is fine but i still could not use. it still was not working

Are you talking about customer service from your previous provider? Called You?

Did you choose a new number via activation or porting a number over?

peterslove

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@peterslove   public mobile does not have a call center, it is all community-based help.

We can try to help you as long as you can give us more information.

• Where did you buy the sim from?

When you buy "NEW Simcard" you will first need to activate the Simcard by going  HERE.

You fill out all the information, make the payment. Chose a new phone number or port a phone number.

Once you do that, You restart your phone. 

You should be able to get a signal on your phone!

Let us know how you bought the Simcard

cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@peterslove Here's an article on how to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 one time credit. If you require one of them, ask someone here for theirs. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@peterslove 

The sim shouldn't have a phone number associated with it. That is done during the activation. 

You would need email address, best to use the one you use for this community

During activation you will also create selfserve, it's part of activation, where you will be able to manage most aspects of your phone service.

Don't forget to use your friend's referral, you both benefit. If you don't have one you can private message and befriend somebody in this community

Welcome to public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@peterslove wrote:

I bought a sim but dont know the number and sim does not seem to be working. Can i get the number of customer service to resolve this please

@peterslove  The SIM number is printed on the back of the SIM card.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What kind of error so you get when you try to activate?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You need to activate the sim and get your number through the process below:

Try clearing browser cache/history and open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.