cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a call from public mobile- how to followup?

Ananda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a call from public mobile saying that my address was incomplete and it resulted in issues with porting my number. I have been having reliable service. How do I followup with their call? 

6 REPLIES 6

Ananda

My boyfriend got a call too, so they likely reached out to me as the alternate number. He ported his number from a calling app, not a phone service. Currently he is getting texts on the calling app and public mobile, so it seems to be working. Maybe there are some issues with it though. 

Ananda

It was a voicemail from a 1866 number. When I called back I reached the telus customer service line. Didn't give them any information. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ananda wrote:

I got a call from public mobile saying that my address was incomplete and it resulted in issues with porting my number. I have been having reliable service. How do I followup with their call? 

When did you port your number?  I do know of cases where PM has contacted customers on the alternate number in the situation of an issue with a port, but if you are saying everything went fine I would wonder about that.  Did you set your account up at home or in a retail location?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ananda wrote:

@Ananda

Call me paranoid but I would be very wary. I really hope you didn't give the caller any personal information. If they fed you some then I hope you didn't give any more.

You said you're having reliable service...why would they call you?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Ananda wrote:

Hi

It is unusal for PM to call, did you talk to someone or did they leave a message?

Did you attemp to port a number? If you did and it was successful and you received a message from PM i would do as @tbark suggested and message them.

If all is working and including the port I would not worry about it as I said it is very unusual to get a call from them. 

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account or activation issues. They can be contacted through private messages

Click here to send them a private message.

Include the following in the private message (never put this information on the community page).

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you don't know your pin, provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address,

Email address,

Alternate phone number,

Date of birth,

Last top up date & amount

Response times:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [EST].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Response time vary based on requests and can be as soon as 1-3 hours, but can be up to 72 hours.

Please do not send multiple messages as this will not speed up the response time.

*I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me or anyone other than the Moderators*

Need Help? Let's chat.