cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 2 lines in Vancouver but other companies are charging long distance

tourajghanbar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased 2 new lines from Londondrug in Vancouver to be used in vancouver but Fido has charged me long distance as their system sees this number as whistler number. Please remedy asap. Fido is not waving the charges as they are 100% confidence that numbers are associated with Whistler.

42 REPLIES 42

@tourajghanbar wrote:

Not sure what to make of it.

When I purchased the 2 lines from Public mobile, I asked for Vancouver number. This is a disaster as long distance charges are piling up. If you can not fix it then help me cancel everything

We've been asking the 3 digits after the area code so we can determine which city the phone numbers really belongs to but have no received any response.  This is determine if Public Mobile has made a mistake or if Fido has.

tourajghanbar

Not sure what to make of it.

When I purchased the 2 lines from Public mobile, I asked for Vancouver number. This is a disaster as long distance charges are piling up. If you can not fix it then help me cancel everything

@wetcoaster wrote:

@tourajghanbar wrote:

Both lines have 778 area code

The 778 area code is overlapping the whole province. http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

As@computergeek541 mentiones, the second three digit block is the local access code.

Yeah, I guess I should have said next 3 after area code the first time around, but I did say "area code AND first 3 digits" which means I was saying they are seaprate things.  I don't consider area code to be the "number", but if I wanted to be really technical, I should have been asking for "prefix".

@tourajghanbar wrote:

The 778 area code is overlapping the whole province. http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

As@computergeek541 mentiones, the second three digit block is the local access code.

@tourajghanbar wrote:

Yes. I also do have 2 numbers with Fido. Fido has also charged me long distance. Both Vancouver and whistler have 778 area code. Although they are several hundered kilometers away. Please make sure that numbers are local Vancouver or other providers see them as Vancouver number and not whistler

and the first 3 digits after the aera code are?  This is required to look up the city that the phone numbers belong to.

tourajghanbar

Yes. I also do have 2 numbers with Fido. Fido has also charged me long distance. Both Vancouver and whistler have 778 area code. Although they are several hundered kilometers away. Please make sure that numbers are local Vancouver or other providers see them as Vancouver number and not whistler

@tourajghanbar wrote:

need to know first 3 digits to look up city of your numbers

tourajghanbar

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You mean when your friends with Fido call your PM numbers? They are getting

charged long distance?

@tourajghanbar wrote:

The 2 new lines that are purchased are with public mobile. I asked for Vancouver number. I said fido is charging the numbers as long distance. You must make sure that the 2 numbers from Public mobile are local Vancouver number.

What are the area codes and first 3 digits of your Public Mobile numbers?

tourajghanbar

The 2 new lines that are purchased are with public mobile. I asked for Vancouver number. I said fido is charging the numbers as long distance. You must make sure that the 2 numbers from Public mobile are local Vancouver number.

@tourajghanbar wrote:

I purchased 2 new lines from Londondrug in Vancouver to be used in vancouver but Fido has charged me long distance as their system sees this number as whistler number. Please remedy asap. Fido is not waving the charges as they are 100% confidence that numbers are associated with Whistler.

This messsage board community is for Public Mobile customers.  We cannot assist you with Fido service issues.  You would be welcome to join Public Mobile though. At Public Mobile, those charges wouldn't be a problem because all voice calling plans here include at least province-wide calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.