cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to states for 20 days

Spike77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Going to us for 20 days. Leaving in 4 days. Should I change my plan to 50$ for month or should I do add on     If I do add it's 10 days can I get another add on 10 days while I'm there ?

18 REPLIES 18

SteTem

Thank You

i should have asked these questions before i left

i was here for 2 weeks in Dec,, then back home for Christmas.. now back till mid April or so

@SteTem How long will you be in the States? If under 90 days, you can remove your autopay credit card to stop payment and then add it and reactivate your service when you return. If it's just the number you are interested in keeping.  You can also pay $25 and port it to Fongo. Then when you return. Port it back to PM.

@SteTem wrote:

I am in The States right now and purchased a plan online,,, had it shipped to my address where in stay here

the sim was free with the plan

I kept my PM active because of two reasons,,, i didnt know how to suspend my account

and i wanted to  i keep my number

do a google search for plans in the USA

SteTem

I am in The States right now and purchased a plan online,,, had it shipped to my address where in stay here

the sim was free with the plan

I kept my PM active because of two reasons,,, i didnt know how to suspend my account

and i wanted to  i keep my number

do a google search for plans in the USA

@Spike77 wrote:

So I can add another add on while I'm in states after first 10 days add on expires?

@Spike77  For going to the US for more than 10 days you will be better served with something like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lycamobile-Preloaded-Sim-Card-Plan/dp/B072MY86LW/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?keywords=us+p...

@NDesai wrote:

How is that possible? You are still using Canadian cc and PM charges in CAD, so there is no reason to pay extra no matter where you are. Worst case, buy a voucher online from recharge.com using paypal.

You're probably right. My experiences are with general offline or online purchases. Could be because my card is a great deal in Canada but ain't so great anywhere else.

@Korth wrote:

You might find it difficult or costly to make PM payments while in USA - I routinely get dinged a few extra bucks and taxes on each foreign transaction, lol - so maybe a good idea to deposit sufficient funds into account before leaving Canada then just "buy" the add-ons off yoir account balance when you need them. (if you choose to not buy any add-ons then your account balance will just be used toward paying your next plan bill cycle, nothing to lose.)

How is that possible? You are still using Canadian cc and PM charges in CAD, so there is no reason to pay extra no matter where you are. Worst case, buy a voucher online from recharge.com using paypal.

@Spike77

You can do add-ons through Self-Serve login while in USA, assuming you can access data/internet.

You can do add-ons through 1-855-4PUBLIC (1-855-478-2542), or just *611 (as usual) if it works in USA.

You might find it difficult or costly to make PM payments while in USA - I routinely get dinged a few extra bucks and taxes on each foreign transaction, lol - so maybe a good idea to deposit sufficient funds into account before leaving Canada then just "buy" the add-ons off yoir account balance when you need them. (if you choose to not buy any add-ons then your account balance will just be used toward paying your next plan bill cycle, nothing to lose.)

Spike77

K thanks 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spike77 wrote:

I do auto pay and not finding where I add funds to my account?

You can add fund from your autopay card or using topup voucher.

Select "Payment" tab then "One Time Payment"

Spike77

I do auto pay and not finding where I add funds to my account?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Spike77 wrote:

So I can add another add on while I'm in states after first 10 days add on expires?

Yes

Spike77

K thanx I'll wait till the day I leave

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Spike77 do not change your plan. The $50 plan , the calls to the US have to made from within  Canada. You can get another voice add on while there. It's a 2 step process 1st place th the funds in you self service account and then purchase the add ons. The add ons work on a 24 hour clock from time of purchase.  So add it as close to or on date of travel.  Also, it's suspected but not confirmed that the voice add on will reset at 12  midnight eastern on the day that it expires. And then can be  added the next morning. Please remember to enable roaming and restart your phone when in the US. 

Another option would be to add an app such as TextNow and use over WiFi to make calls.  

@Spike77 wrote:

Going to us for 20 days. Leaving in 4 days. Should I change my plan to 50$ for month or should I do add on     If I do add it's 10 days can I get another add on 10 days while I'm there ?

Spike77

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Spike77 

If you renew/change your plan right now. Your current plan will end as soon as you pay for the new one.

I would recommend that you get the addon. If you get the 10days addon It starts right away. So i would recommend you get the addon at the time you leave and then once 10 days are about to end. You could purchase another one.

Spike77

Tex voice while I'm there 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spike77 wrote:

For the same add-on, you need to wait 1 day before you can add the same add-on.

But you can add a different add-on right after the first one expires.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Spike77 The $50 plan is NOT for use within the USA. Only the USA roaming add-ons will provide calling/texting service to Canada from the USA.

What services do you want while in the USA?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.