cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Over Minutes

xCHUTERx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, just wondering if someone could tell me the price per minute if you go over your allotted minutes for the month. Thanks 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

Lyrhea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you get the unlimited plan there isn’t a time when you go over minutes 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you feel you may go over your alloted amount from time to time, you can purchase voice add ons, which do not expire while you still have an active account or if used up. You can get 200 min of US and Canada Long Distance for $8, which works out to be 4 cents a minute. You can also get 400 minutes of International Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) for $15, which works out to be 3.75 cents a minute.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xCHUTERx wrote:

Hello, just wondering if someone could tell me the price per minute if you go over your allotted minutes for the month. Thanks 🙂

Public Mobile & Lucky Mobile do not have any overages or pay per use charges, if something is not included in your plan or in an add on you have purchased it simply just doesn't work even if you carry a $1000 balance in your Prepaid Account. So again no overages or pay per use charges what so ever.  

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic  just because public is prepaid does not imply no charges. PM has chosen it this way.

Chatr for example does not allow mms unless you have credit on your account. I assume their long distance /roaming is the same. 

Telus Mobility prepaid services used to stop working completely if you had a $0.00 balance, even if you had prepaid for a 30 day plan, so at least Chatr didn't go as far as that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic  just because public is prepaid does not imply no charges. PM has chosen it this way.

Chatr for example does not allow mms unless you have credit on your account. I assume their long distance /roaming is the same. 

@mimmo right, providers can offer pay-per-use/pay-as-you-go services even on prepaid accounts, but PM has chosen a different model.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xCHUTERx wrote:

You guys are wonderful, thank you so much for your prompt responses!

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here 🙂

Sure account problems well alright but for non-account...rock & roll.

xCHUTERx

You guys are wonderful, thank you so much for your prompt responses!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No surprise $200 bills here!

ruif71

You can't go over your minutes.

Edit: Solution removed as the first response was the actual solution. stonechucker

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@xCHUTERx wrote:

@xCHUTERx  PM is prepaid there aren't any overage charges. When you used up your minutes your service stops working. You can buy an add-on to use or renew your plan early.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xCHUTERx wrote:

If you run out of minutes, you no longer can make calls. There is no overage charge. You can buy an addon though to give you more minutes. Everything on PM is prepaid so there are no surprises come bill time. If you paid for it, you get it. If you didn't pay for it yet, you don't get it (so no overage).

Need Help? Let's chat.